Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Adsl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Moriarty wrote:
    It's reasonable for them to get something back if you want to break the contract early. If you didn't like the contract, you shouldn't have signed up in the first place.

Moriarty, that's what I'm saying, in the contract it said you will have to pay 100 euro if you decide to end it, I had no problems with that, and I will pay, but why are they asking 3 month's fee? it's not written anywhere about them asking 3 month's fee for canceling.

DannyD, I need to talk to you privately, please pm me your email(since you don't accept pms)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Do you mean €100 plus 3 month's fee to quit?

Which would work out about €220.

The terms and conditions are here:

http://dsl.digiweb.ie/DSL_TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS.pdf

"This agreement is for an initial term of 12 months...."

"Should Subscriber terminated this agreement ... a cancellation fee equal to EURO 100 will become immediately due..."

No mention of three month's additional fee.Also, initial term is defined.

P.

oceanclub wrote:
    Do you mean €100 plus 3 month's fee to quit?

Which would work out about €220.

The terms and conditions are here:

http://dsl.digiweb.ie/DSL_TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS.pdf

"This agreement is for an initial term of 12 months...."

"Should Subscriber terminated this agreement ... a cancellation fee equal to EURO 100 will become immediately due..."

No mention of three month's additional fee.Also, initial term is defined.

P.

oceanclub, I don't think so, but 3 month alone = €330

he is on 1mb adsl which costs €110 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

CyberGhost wrote:
    oceanclub, I don't think so, but 3 month alone = €330

he is on 1mb adsl which costs €110 pm
    I cancelled last week. If your sky digital box only gave you some channels some of the time would you be happy to pay digiweb for the same type of service ?

• Advertisement

hell no

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

yeah same here i cant get ntl or ibb but is eircom really that good for gaming the home plus is only 128 upload that cant be enough for 2 pc's can it? also esat bt look like they have a better package what are they like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

i'm actually setting up a Pc tonight running Esat Broadband over the two of them.

I can tell you what it's like if you like?

CyberGhost wrote:
    DannyD, I need to talk to you privately, please pm me your email(since you don't accept pms)

Private messaging enabled , drop me a pm CyberGhost.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭frisket

I've had their wireless connection for two weeks and it's been fine
    until it went offline yesterday for no apparent reason (see my separate
    post in Broadband). I only have a 1-800 number for them, and it's
    permanently busy, so I have no way to contact them right now.

• Advertisement

frisket wrote:
    I've had their wireless connection for two weeks and it's been fine
    until it went offline yesterday for no apparent reason (see my separate
    post in Broadband). I only have a 1-800 number for them, and it's
    permanently busy, so I have no way to contact them right now.

try this number

If you have any problems with Digiweb's service give Adrian Erangey from Digiweb a phone call on 086 8135515. I found him to be most helpful.

are you still with them Danny?

Ha HA ! I cancelled and am free of that pathetic service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭K1

Anything I have seen of digiweb tells me they are cowboys & ripoff merchants.. I failed a line test with them even though it had been passed by Eircom, I e mailed them for an explenation got no response.. I have now signed up for Smart Telecoms 2MPS service for €35 incl free phone line rental for life. Digi web are looking for €168 pm for this speed. Again I e mailed them for an explanation again no response. The way I see it if a companys sales dept could'nt be arsed answering thier customers what is tech support going to be like???

IBB areanother shower of gangsters. They told me on 2 occasions I had passed all thier tests for wireless reception. The first was self install no joy I returned it, Then they performed a line of site test for thier breeze service I was told this had passed also. The engineers arrived to install it parked thier van & said "you wont get a signal here" Some engineers the have signal testers built into thier ear ,did'nt even have to open a tool box to decide if there was reception in the area.. Oh by the way it was Pi***ng rain the day they arrived don't know if that's relevent but I rekon it was since i live less than 500m from thier mast & can see it from my back garden never mind the roof!!!!

DannyD wrote:
    Ha HA ! I cancelled and am free of that pathetic service.

Congratulations!!!

They are robbers tell them where to go and sign up for Smart Telecom It seem to be the best offer around & Eircom so far havent even hinted at competing with this price or speed see smarttelecom.ie for more info

actually there are some rumors have a look at this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2440778#post2440778

DannyD wrote:
    If you have any problems with Digiweb's service give Adrian Erangey from Digiweb a phone call on 086 8135515. I found him to be most helpful.
    I'm being sarcastic here.

• Advertisement

good for you Danny D dont take any crap from them, I still rekon Smart Telecom is the way to go my exchange in down for March April I hope the wait won't be too long but I think it will be worth it11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

how do i find out the code for my dns server on digiweb?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Do you mean what are the DNS servers for digiweb broadband?
    I believe they are:

Asok wrote:
    Do you mean what are the DNS servers for digiweb broadband?
    I believe they are:

that could be them, i need to to set up a static IP address, but my computer cant tell me what they are because "the router acts as a proxy between the actual name servers and my computer" and it displays the same series of numbers as the default gateway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You don't need them to setup static IP.
    You just need to disable DHCP on the LAN side of your Router and mahe router be 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.1.1) and then each computer is 192.168.0.X (or 192.168.1.X) where X is NOT 0, 1 or 255 and different for each PC

Subnet 255.255.255.0
    Gateway and DNS are both the address of the NAT/Router.

The WAN side of your Router uses DHCP and will automatically get the name server IPs. You can't make it static. If you want it to be Static, this is something the ISP organises. My WAN IP is set up DHCP, but is effectively static. I can go to www.grc.com shieldsUp and check all is OK and what the IP is. I use DynDNS to have a free name for my public IP.

watty wrote:
    You don't need them to setup static IP.
    You just need to disable DHCP on the LAN side of your Router and mahe router be 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.1.1) and then each computer is 192.168.0.X (or 192.168.1.X) where X is NOT 0, 1 or 255 and different for each PC

Subnet 255.255.255.0
    Gateway and DNS are both the address of the NAT/Router.

The WAN side of your Router uses DHCP and will automatically get the name server IPs. You can't make it static. If you want it to be Static, this is something the ISP organises. My WAN IP is set up DHCP, but is effectively static. I can go to www.grc.com shieldsUp and check all is OK and what the IP is. I use DynDNS to have a free name for my public IP.

eh:confused:

grc.com's sheilds up software will figure out all these ip numbers and things for me?

no. It just tells you what your public IP is.

Your internal LAN STATIC IPs are your own decision.

Usually 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254

you can't use 0 or 255

It's normal to make the the router/Firewall LAN IP be ending in 1

192.168.0.X is a possible range.

But some routers/Firewalls default to 192.168.1.1, so all your addresses have to start 192.168.1.etc No device/PC can have the same IP address of any other. But the router hides your LAN IPs from the WAN (Internet) so everyone on Internet can reuse the same Private IPs, like extension numbers on a PABX, your WAN/Public IP is like the Public number of the PABX.

On a Private LAN there are certain reserved address ranges not used on Internet. (If you used the address of an Internet server on your LAN, you could not access that on the Internet).

255.255.255.0 is subnet
    this means the for "0" position all the PCs and Router must thave different digits (any except 0 or 255) from each other.

255 means that in these positions the numbers must be the same for all PCs.

If you had more than 254 things on your lan you would use a different range and 255.255.0.0 as subnet allowing 65,000 ish devices.

If you are running a very big private network you can start all addresses with 10.x.x.x and subnet of 255.0.0.0 allowing 16777214 IP addresses. I'd suspect this is what the Mobile Operator "3" does as all customers on 3 seem to share very few public IP addresses.

So 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x ranges are a good start. Then you can do port forwarding for games, Skype, torrants etc for each PC.

A name on www.dyndns.org or IP address from www.grc.com tells other people on the Public Internet what the "outside" WAN address is of your Modem/Router/Firewall/WiFi/NAT whatever box is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

yeah digiweb is terrible alot of the time lately(actually for at least a few weeks now) pings of over 250 ms on average alot of the time.

But you are on dsl. Those size pings suggest an eircom fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

ok I guess I'll give their support a ring tommorow. Metro is adsl and the other is just dsl? Not that I know what the difference is.

Advertisement