Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going Metric in January

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

unkel wrote:
    Sweden did it overnight and things worked out ok.
    They actually did it during they day to stop (well reduce) people forgetting about it when they woke up in the morning.
    unkel wrote:
    Good point PBC_1966, the longer we wait, the more difficult it will be.
    Actually, I think we are a long way past the point where it could have been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

Victor wrote:
    I think we are a long way past the point where it could have been done.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I want to know if there's going to be government assistance for helping to changeover those vehicles that display 'Miles Per Hour' only..... my harley as a U.S. import only shows MPH, & most imported Harleys are the same, much the same as all American vehicles..... 'sorry officer plodicus, my government made a changeover without giving an appropriate grant to make changes to my vehicle so you can stick your ticket up yer hang sangwitched a**e!!

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"Here's ticket, you can write the main kph->mph conversions on the pack of it. Cheers :) "

Advertisement