Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling

Options
  • 10-09-2004 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

I have just set up a new rig and the bottom line is I am not happy with the temps and I want to overclock, I am currently using the Zalman 7000B-Clnu, I was just wondering what kits are good for low temps and cost under €200 and would fit into my case=Chenbro gaming bomb. Is this any use?= http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=17647
    Thanks
    Richy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

your not happy with your temps?!

why what you getting my rigs pratically the same as yours and mines 34 idle

are you just finding 30-40 too high for your liking or do you have the crappy temperature readings..everyone seems to have

btw thats all i came to say i know nothing about watercooling kits..i would be tempted myself but i dont know enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

ViperVenoM wrote:
    your not happy with your temps?!

why what you getting my rigs pratically the same as yours and mines 34 idle

are you just finding 30-40 too high for your liking or do you have the crappy temperature readings..everyone seems to have

btw thats all i came to say i know nothing about watercooling kits..i would be tempted myself but i dont know enough...

My idle temp is around 47degree'sC in corecentre and around 53 under full load although it did touch 63 th other day which is absolutely recking my head. What bios are you using Vipervemon? My temps have been fluctuating all week, I dunno whta the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Bios 1.4 up seems to have fixed the temp problems on Newcastles. My clawhammer is still off my about 7degrees i think tho that could be cause of the fact its in the minuses. (tho it does still sometimes say +30 when it should be -20, next reboot it then goes bac to -13. dunno wtfs going on there either :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Seeing as ur systems High spec(very high spec) id get a new, bigger, case and go for a twin rad setup. My temps dropped by just under 20c with my twin rad setup from www.hitide.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

MSI hare having some mad problem with their temp readout through Core centre

Try the 1.8 bios on their site this drop my CPU temps by 10 oC alround.
    With cool'nquiet I idle at 26-8 and full load for 1 hour at 43 oC's.

I was gettng up to 55 with older bios's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

1.8??..its only on 1.4...well on the K8n series!!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

yea sorry I read that wrong

i've got the "K8T Neo Series"
    best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

missed this thread sorry :rolleyes:

er im running the 1.43s but they worked for about a week and now they are all over...sometimes its 34 ...53...67 earlier :mad:

tempted to try a new bios..but im a bit dubious..ive got away with flashing 3 times now without making a backup (coz i cant)...and knowing my luck... :(

Advertisement