Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Link G604T port forwarding issue

• 10-09-2004 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

posted this on the proper D-Link forum elsewhere but they have yet to respond so im gonna try here again coz im desperate, has anyone else got one of these?

i cant connect to IRC i cant get good speeds in bit torrent i cant download off any p2p programs it to me sounds like the firewall..you switch the firewall off and then nothing loads at all..so i took a stab at port forwarding and i dont know what i need to be doing to enable..everything! i dont really want the firewall blocking me ive got a windows 1 that i can use i dont need the routers..but it wont let me switch it off

help what can i do! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

There are instructions for port forwarding are in the knowledge base on the dlink site

Otherwise and this is what I did which saves me a lot of time cos I dont have to forward for individual ports, applications etc...

just put the router in DMZ mode and get a software firewall...

Advertisement