Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geil Value Ram...!

Options
  • 10-09-2004 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

just like to say that im loving this stuff and would recommend it to anyone on a budget! for £117 for 1gb

it comes at 2.6v - 200fsb @ 2.5-4-4-8

im currently running it at 2.65v - 235fsb @ 2.5-3-3-6

now is that just me or is that pretty damn good?

i tried 240fsb but the crappy bios moaned and told me to turn it back..wasnt the rams fault though..i wanna do more with it but i dont know where i can go now!

anyone know how i can push it now since the bios is gonna be annoying..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I got a 1gb of this the day before it dropped to £117 :mad:

I'm very happy with the stuff but I'm having problems with my mobo (not related) so I haven't even been able to run at 200mhz. :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

damn shame that coz these little buggers will fly :(

i would like to push them more but anything over 240 the motherboard stops it..i think its the motherboard..rams fine ran memtest for like 4hrs..nooo errors \o/

it wont post with anything on 2 so i guess the next think i can do is 2.5-3-3-5...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

The ram wil hit a certain point where you'll need to loosen the timings to get more bandwidth. Either that or up the voltage. That is as long as nothing else is interfering (mobo,cpu, psu etc).

oh i know..i just expected it a long time back :)

bios is stopping me now..cpu is solid so is psu...silly bios error at 240...im gonna try slacking the ht to 3x see if that helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Can i ask where did you buy the ram, or where can it be bought? Links?
    I'm thinking of maybe getting more ram and then i might see how much more i can get out of my mobile chip
    Thanks

Jozi

• Advertisement

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/GeIL_Value.html

there she blows! second 1 down i got..yeh yeh i know overclockers suck but i dont actually have a problem with them unless i need to return something (ive just spent another £260 with em..i must be mad)

Thanks for the link.

So what does nearly £100 be in euro's? <200?

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

jozi wrote:
    Thanks for the link.

Jozi

The exchange rate is more or less €1.5 = £1

so £100 = €150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

jozi wrote:
    Thanks for the link.

Jozi

it is £118 rounded up including VAT, which is 173 Euro exc. delivery - very good price seeing how well it's performing for ViperVenoM. only thing is how much is delivery from overclockers.co.uk if it is only this RAM one is ordering off them?

hmm well there delivery is usually quite high coz its next day delivery by amtrak courier for orders over a certain price ive just bought 2x200gb WD drives..a NEC 3500 dvd rewriter a samsung dvd rom/cd rewriter and a 100 blank discs..it came to £255 and was £9 for next day delivery..but i ordered on a friday morning so :(

i think under a certain value you can choose first or second class im not sure what that certain value is though...if i remember rightly it came to £121 as i bought the ram from them with nothing else..only £4 or something and came in 3 days...

if you get some hope it goes as well for you as it is for me :D

• Advertisement

Didn't know what the exchange rate was.

Just been on the site, nearly £130 so about 195 euro.

Now lets hope it stays at that price for a few weeks untill i get the money together.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

i tried 240fsb but the crappy bios moaned and told me to turn it back..wasnt the rams fault though..i wanna do more with it but i dont know where i can go now!

Do you have the HT set to 3x? Might be worth trying if you dont. Also up the voltage a little more on the memory and try again, 2.65v is very low especially for 240mhz..........

aye thats a point...its still on x4

i guess ill give em 2.7 i dont like this bios though anything past 2.7 is flashing red..even though it can do 2.95...i thought 2.65 is damn low..but i ran memtest for hours at 235..and its rock solid so its up to the job it seems :eek: ..240 is obviously gonna need some more tweaking though...

You obviously have your multiplier set lower yea? Ie its under 11? Set the HT to 3x , voltage up to 2.8 at min prob 2.9v to give it a decent chance.

Some people run memory at 3.5v for months without problems, 2.8v is perfect in my book for 24/7 (alot of Pc4000 and above need that much anyway to run stock).

Give it a try and see how you get on, would be interested to know, doing nicely so far :)

yeh multiplier is 10.5..stock voltage i really want the msi temp thing sorted before i push it..ill play with the ram tomorrow morning and let you know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Col_Loki wrote:
    Some people run memory at 3.5v for months without problems

:eek: :D :cool: - haven't tried that myself yet :)

yeh multiplier is 10.5..stock voltage i really want the msi temp thing sorted before i push it..ill play with the ram tomorrow morning and let you know

Ehh if you have your multi at 10.5 then that means if you try 240mhz FSB you are looking for your CPU to run @ 2.52ghz....... and your blaming your motherboard lol :) .

Lower the multi and see what the Ram can do , then put back the stock multi and overclock to see what the CPU can do........ come up with a happy medium (ie mabye 10x250 or whatever ) .

The trick to finding out how something overclocks is eliminating all the things that can limit it........ ie for a CPU, you try to elimintate Mobo, Ram, PSU, so your overclock is only testing your CPU.
    - haven't tried that myself yet

lol, me neither most ive gone is 2.9v (mobo limited) ....... would mabye push it to 3.2v for benchmarks, 2.9v for normal usage would be fine with me (granted i have put more than 2v through my CPU).

[edit] Ohh yea just as BTW, ive a lovely shiney 3.2ghz intel sitting beside me at the min alone with an MSI 875 mobo and Pc4000 memory (well actually ive 2x3.2ghz intels, one unlocked northwood, one prescott - thanks Dubdvd :))..... just waiting on a bracket for my watercooling so i can set it up. I thought this day would never come.....

just had to restart my comp to remove my dead hardcano unit :( so i took the oppourtunity to tidy up all my wires inside (still a mess but better) and as i turned it on..couldnt resist popping back into the bios :p

anyway its annoyed me now :rolleyes: i tried 2.7v (the bios only allows up to 2.85...eh?!) but anyway 2.7..the last 1 before red ...240fsb..still 2.5-3-3-6...multipler 10 (giving me stock cpu) anddd 3x ht

what happens!..i get a black screen with a underscore flashing away like its wanting me to type ..even though nothing happens it annoyed me so ive turned the comp off for the night (its 3am now) ill have to reset the bloody cmos..AGAIN tomorrow...gonna try 2.8v! god dammit is that a ram error..or what

what the hell gives me a black screen instead of windows..i dont get a beep or anything either :(:(

Col_Loki wrote:
    Ehh if you have your multi at 10.5 then that means if you try 240mhz FSB you are looking for your CPU to run @ 2.52ghz....... and your blaming your motherboard lol :) .

oo er im not sure if i took that into consideration..that may well have been the problem since ive still got the cpu on stock voltage :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Col_Loki wrote:
    Some people run memory at 3.5v

pffft, the BH5 chips that were used on some ram modules were rated up to 3.9v, and some people had them running higher. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement