Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karting in Galway

• 07-07-2001 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Alright lads.

I was thinking of holding a 'grand prix' day in Oranmore, County Galway around mid July, and the number of people who should be in one is about 16. The only prob is, is that I haven't 15 other people to do it with me!! I could scrounge up a few with a bit of an effort, but make it interesting and invite complete strangers. It costs around £25 to do but that's more econonical than standard racing as you are there for around an hour! Think of it also as a "Board Getting Together Convention". There is a much better track near Loughrea (where I'm from), and the price is reasonable also, but the problem there is that it's out in the bloody sticks with cows and sheep in the next field!!
    Anybody interested in doing a Grand Prix in any, please let me know.
    tongue.gif

Narf!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I would but I was out in the Oranmore karting centre before, and I thought it was a total rip off. Like I know it's a proper track and all that (the best I have been on), but I still think it is a waste of money for just a quick hour of fun. For £25 quid you could go on the lock, a little bit more and your in the club aswell.

Sorry man, but I said "never again" after the last time.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Pinky

**** it, you're right. I don't know what was in my head!

Ta Phobos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

no way man, i'd love that (if i had the money) i'd be over in Galway in a min!

I used to go to the ****test little place in Kildare and it was like £15 or so for 20mins and i was tiny and indoor. but it was still mad crack. loved doing that, but they closed it down. ffs.

And just thinking of havin 16 ppl going around a half decent track sounds brillo, i usually only could drag 2 people with me to the last place cause of the price but it rocked none the less.

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Gideon2000 (edited 08-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Pinky,

I've had a horrible time with the kart track in Oranmore. Twice we booked it for a work outting. Both times they canceled on the day despite us having booked well in advance. The facilities used to be really good when it started but I believe that they've really let it go. They wouldn't take us the first time because "they only had two karts running" and the second because "there wasn't anyone working there to get the karts running".

Sheesh.

Avoid like the plague unless they've smarted up their act.

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Gerry

well, if they do manage to their karts working it looks like a good deal. In dublin £25 gets you 40 minutes, on an indoor track. If you don't see the point phobos, why bother posting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Gerry, I think it was a valid post, or possibly a word of warning. Either way tis my opinion, take it or leave it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ya, I went to the Oranmore one on a work outting and we managed to demolish 3 or 4 of the carts in minor incidents.

None too impressed...

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

Advertisement