Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC review.

Options
  • 04-02-2001 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Ok after finally getting into it a little..

1. People are overly friendly. Except on darktide where it's recommended you learn to run. I have yet to bump into any a'holes like I have on UO.

2. The game is just incredible in it's scope. I've been to about 15 cities so far, and areas around them, and I have seen some pretty bizarre stuff and things happening.

3. Mages - Not like UO at all. Your not given any clues on how to cast. You have to figure out all the spells by trial and error. Apprantly the more people that find out a spell the more useless it becomes (drains from the same mana pool or something). I've managed to get some level 1+2 spells but that took a lot of guesswork and asking people.

4. Alliegences - Kind of werid. Although mages give the best gain when they are your vassel no one likes them for some reason. My thief character got hassled to death to swear fealty to people. My mage didn't get any.

5. I like the classes and skills. Shame thier is no stealing skill though. smile.gif The Ninja character I have is kind of fun.

6. Having no bank is kind of annoying. In order to keep all the stuff you like you have to keep something worth more then all other items (on thier own).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

Hows that no bank thing work again?
    If you die you lose your most expensive item or something?
    What if you wanna build up a big huge collection of stuff?
    And whats it like on a 56k modem?
    I have an alright computer now, I finally bought a new one, for the past 3 years I've been using a p200 with 32mb RAM biggrin.gif

On a side note; since I got this machine last week I'm buried in all the great games that I missed out on...
    Diablo 2, Deus Ex, Thief 2...
    I never even knew they existed smile.gif

I havent even looked at BG2 yet, I'll wait till I have a lot of time on my hands for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Modem speed, dunno. Ask Clamor?

When you die you loose your most expensive item and half your pyreals (Cash).

Trade notes although are actual cash are treated as an item. So getting an expensive trade note can act as a insurance of loosing anything.

Dying hurts. So you tend to avoid dying a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Modem (56k) is playable to an extent. Can be annoying if you come up against a large group and ya need to see which one your killing. I normall switch over to ISDN for that sort of Jazz. Then switch back to go explore'n.

Advertisement