Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star wars DVD, oh the humanity

• 10-09-2004 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Well its been confirmed,

Hayden Christensen replaces Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's ghost. Lucas explains this in the commentary, which is spoilerish for Episode III.

It sickens me that Ill end up buying this anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

get over it. he owns the films, he can do what he wants, whether we like it or not. i suppose it ties the films together more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

hmm I dont like Hayden Christensen, perhaps it would have been better to have 2 versions, then everyone would be happy

Also I dont think very many people would say the new SW movies benefited from the addition of Hayden Christensen, his acting in the SW movies is not the best. Therefore the addition of him in the origional movies does not benefit them either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Gizzard wrote:
    his acting in the SW movies is not the best.

cause everyone else's is top notch, oscar worthy stuff?

have to say i think hayden's inserttion into the movie is a good addition, to be fair it does help link the original trilogy and prequel trilogy, and that can only be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Roar wrote:

have to say i think hayden's inserttion into the movie is a good addition, to be fair it does help link the original trilogy and prequel trilogy, and that can only be good.

I agree, beside Hayden's quite a good actor just Lucas is not best at directing.
    Plus the above post is right Lucas owns Star wars and can do pretty much what he wants to. I like the updated version although I do have the originl on VHS from the mid 80's, so I am happy either way :cool:

Gizzard wrote:
    hmm I dont like Hayden Christensen, perhaps it would have been better to have 2 versions, then everyone would be happy
    the origional versions should have been included as a second disc in each of the film boxes.

• Advertisement

BrookieD wrote:
    I agree, beside Hayden's quite a good actor just Lucas is not best at directing.
    Plus the above post is right Lucas owns Star wars and can do pretty much what he wants to. I like the updated version although I do have the originl on VHS from the mid 80's, so I am happy either way :cool:

mm I made a point of saying he did not act very well in star wars not in general, Im sure he can act, perhaps its more that Lucas didnt direct him very well.

I suppose I dont like the change because I dont really like the new movies, the first 3 are classicss. But on balance many of the other changes like lightsaber and lots of the little touch ups are very welcome, cloud city for example is much better, and the DVD extras look excellent, so overall I cant wait to buy and stick it onto my projector :D

just saw the digitalbits' review, and they list all the actual (no rumours) changes on this page: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html

just saw the digitalbits' review, and they list all the actual (no rumours) changes on this page: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html

excellent link, thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

This was confirmed weeks ago old news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

the origional versions should have been included as a second disc in each of the film boxes.

There are no originals anymore afaik.

• Advertisement

User45701 wrote:
    This was confirmed weeks ago old news
    it was not confirmed by anyone. these pics are from review copies, so they are the final versions. before that any pics were just idle speculation. no matter how correct they were, no one knew for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Roar wrote:

To be fair, Alec Guinness, Ian McDiarmond, Christopher Lee, James Earl Jones, and even Harrison Ford were all perfectly good in the films. Not oscar material obviously, but they were all a damn sight better than Christiansen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gaijin

I've got to agree with BrookieD!!(if for no other reason than it rhymes!!)...
    Ah no..blame George Lucas,he is a terrible director and can't get on with actors nor draw a good performance.
    I think Hayden is good in general and alright in star wars...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Wow that really sucks! I like that they finally cleaned up Alec Guinness's lightsabre but on the other hand you'd think that if they were going to include Hayden for the final scene then then they would have gotten him to play the 'mask off' scene as well?

If I was cynical I'd say Lucas doesn't actually care about consistency and is just throwing these tweaks at us to make Ep4-6DVD a must buy. Good thing I'm not cynical then!

BTW, how did PT Anderson get into this pix? ;)http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwars/6-02-2004.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Hayden is a fairly good actor, but Lucas wouldn't just give up and let someone else write the scripts and direct the films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

it ties the movies together a little nicer, even if the acting is ****. but amazing acting is hardly a trait commonly linked to star wars, is it?

my main problem is that, from what i've seen, the new cgi remake stuff in these new dvd's is god awful and really looks obvious. clearly no one at lucasarts has the guts to say "no"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

i dont remember him having a ghost whats that about?

Advertisement