Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to watch hurling final

• 10-09-2004 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of a channel showing the hurling final, utv or bbc maybe??
    I'm living in Germany and don't get the 4 Irish stations on the Sky satellite plus I don't have Setanta!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

BBC 2 Northern Ireland are, but not on Satellite.

Unless you have a Sky sub that you can get RTÉ or Setanta.... its down to the local Irish pub, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

If you've only got a digibox, no hope. If you have an FTA receiver, then try Atlantic Bird 1 12.5W, 12741MHz, H, 6100, 3/4.

If you have a DVB card, then RTE often use Intelsat707 (now ->10-02) for 4:2:2 feeds of games. I don't have a record of which frequencies unfortunately, but try the ones listed here (NB Vitel)
    http://www.satcodx9.com/3590/uke/
    And the BBC 4:2:2 also on 1W - 11178MHz H 5632 3/4.

Also Intelsat903 34.5W, mostly 4:2:2:
    http://www.satcodx9.com/3255/uke/
    But occasionally FTA 11156 V 3150 3/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Wasn't worth watching in the end, worst hurling final in living memory (For me anyway, I'm only 19!).

I noticed that Radio 1 output was switched over to Lyric FM on Astra2D for the duration of the game - do they do the same for Radio 1 on Horbird? What's the current situation with subs on digiboxes? Do you get to see the game or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, it was on RTÉ Network 2 on Astra 2D for those with an Irish Sub. If someone had a UK sub only, then you would have to pay Setanta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

Zaphod wrote:
    I noticed that Radio 1 output was switched over to Lyric FM on Astra2D for the duration of the game - do they do the same for Radio 1 on Horbird? What's the current situation with subs on digiboxes? Do you get to see the game or not?

It is a bloody disgrace that Radio 1 was giving a Lyric FM feed during the match.
    Always on a sunday afternoon they have sunday sport except on one of the two most important days in irish sport (or even culture).
    I wonder how many irish people abroad had their sunday ruined because of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

enda1 wrote:
    Wasn't worth watching in the end, worst hurling final in living memory (For me anyway, I'm only 19!).
    I liked the result though.... :p

seano wrote:
    It is a bloody disgrace that Radio 1 was giving a Lyric FM feed during the match.

Moreover when you take into account that they are not doing any shortwave transmissions this year. And the WRN schedule doesn't allow for the games to be broadcast on Worldspace.

Advertisement