Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Super EL action

• 10-09-2004 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

This week sees 2 games in Dublin and 2 games on same pitch but at different times on different days too. and with EL still flavour of the month well for another 2 weeks anyway before the Shels fans go back to support Man Utd, then i leave them alone :)

Tonight is Robbie Doyle vs Bohs ...eh i mean Pats vs Bohs in Richmond.
    Pats have won 2 in a row and up to the dizzy heights of 6th, Bohs beat Rovers last week and usually this is a decent game with both sets of fans voicing their love for each other.

Tomorrow is Scum Vs Cork in Richmond ..i mean homeless, managerless, money less (even less than us wahey!) Rovers. Expect a Cork win as unpaid players rarely play well.

Kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Robbie Doyle will probably do something stupid abd get sent off tonight. Ill go for a narrow Bohs win here.

Shams Vs City. Not confident about this one at all. I can see a Shams backlash, after losing 4 on the spin. Probably 1-1. Citys away record against Shams is very poor.

As for the cup, I hope Drogs do UCD, love to see Rockmount dump out Waaherfurh. Though I see the Student Manace scraping through, and Waaherfurh easily beating Rockmount.

Longford should have no probs Vs Athlone.

Interestingly, this could be the first year since 1989 that the final will have 2 non Dub teams in it ( City Vs Derry ), should UCD not make it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pats 1 Bohs 2

Bohs got 2 goals in 5 minutes in 1st half , Pats chased game after that Doyle scored and his celebrations were a bit OTT. Last 20 odd minutes were fun.

2-2 Waterford Rockmount (cmon the cork boys) Replay next wed in Turners cross.
    0-0 UCD game.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What kinda crowd was at the SPA - Bohs game??? I was wrong about Doyle, right about the result.

Rockmount were actually 2 up, conceded an og and had 2 goals disallowed!!!

Good to see the UCD - Drogs game end in a draw as well. Hopefully now both will drop points in their respective leagues.

About 3000 at a push , large amount of Bohs fans. They make me wonder they come all the way from Finglas to complain about their team ,they winning 2 -0 for half an hour and still complaining. Roddy Doyle must make a fortune out of clinically depressed northsiders.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KdjaC wrote:
    Pats 1 Bohs 2

2-2 Waterford Rockmount (cmon the cork boys) Replay next wed in Turners cross.

Lads that was a lucky break tonight. 2-0 down and so near to going out. Typical blues, fantastic last week beating shels and so near to going out tonight. Methinks the cup has our name on it this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Decent result.

Now if only the league consisted of 36 games against Pat's! :)
    Roddy Doyle must make a fortune out of clinically depressed northsiders.
    I know what you mean! Those folk up in Carlisle were a miserable lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Drogheda were lucky last night.
    It was a game with very few chances and Willy Doyle missed an almost open goal (a defender or 2 on the line) for UCD. Just took too much time taking the shot and missed the bloody target.
    Pretty even game though, UCD played well but really missed Tony McDonnell in the middle of the pitch. Dickers, even though he had a decent game just lacks the experience.
    Alan Mahon getting injured early on didn't help. Sully going back into right back was a bit dodgy because he continued to play as a winger for most the match.

Darren Quigley made some very good saves in the brief attacking spell that Drogheda had in the second half. Quality goalkeeper.

Pigman II wrote:
    Decent result.

Now if only the league consisted of 36 games against Pat's! :)

How many heart failures would you have by the 60th minute, great game we did well 2nd half. reminded me of past decent pats sides. How Faheys ricoehting shot didnt go in is beyond me he managed to hit both posts .

kdjac

Advertisement