Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replace bushes in VW Golf - how much?

Options
  • 10-09-2004 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Subject says it all (nearly): 95 Golf, back bushes shot and need to be replaced.

Anyone got any ideas how much this should cost? (local mechanic, not main dealer obviously!). ;)

Ta...

Mazza

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Labour is probably around €50 per hour so say €100+parts?

I can lend you spring compressors, axle stands, socket set and trolley jack if you are up to doing the job yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

Merrion wrote:
    Labour is probably around €50 per hour so say €100+parts?

I can lend you spring compressors, axle stands, socket set and trolley jack if you are up to doing the job yourself.

the bushes on the rear beam I'd expect you mean??

not that easy my friend!!

on a 95 they're a pressed in job and need to be done by a very well equipped mechanic or (the dreaded) main dealer!!

I've done a few sets and I tell ya they're an absolute cnut to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

@Merrion - sincere thanks for the offer of gear, but knowing my skills with anything motor related, I wouldn't chance it! ;)

@smokey2 - the mechanic spotted the problem during the last service and said it'd need attention during the next service. I don't think it'll wait that long but he's pretty good and should be able to sort it.

Thanks both you you...

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

mazza wrote:
    Thanks both you you...
    nps!!

that's what we're all ere for is to help!!

Advertisement