Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How has this happened?

Options
  • 10-09-2004 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Having waited years for Phantom to finally get their license sorted I am now dismayed to find out that clearchannel (along with MCD)are backing their current application. Without a doubt the most evil music company in existence who already have the US in a stranglehold (radio, promotion etc). Why have they let this happen? Or is my infomation totally wrong (here's hoping) If it's true then Phantom might as well be over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Daylight,

Yes, you are wrong. Check the details on this website for details of who is and is not involved in the Phantom FM consortium applying for the licence.

Then post again :)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

From what I see from the phantom application there is no mention of clearchannel having any control over phantom, or any other station for that matter. The only real multi-radio companies in the race are capitol radio ( xfm - now gone) and communicorp (raw - also gone!) so you can sleep easy tonight. though maybe im wrong.

As for MCD, well while we all might call em money grabbin louts who couldnt organise a hay throwing contest in a barn of hay (well they could but the hay would pull out at the last minute) but they at least have plenty of financial backing for the station. Whats more they depend on phantom alot for advertising and with a working relationship over the past few years i think they understand the principles of phantom and wont interfere too much.
    Besides, ZedFm will make for tough competition so phantom will need all the muscle they can get.

All applications can be viewed at the bci website. www.bci.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you should welcome any very wealthy overlords should they arise. mcd are very rich. and if anything, it means phantom could do more "live" shows, from mcd-gig thingys. which could be cool. a saturday night live lounge or something... whatever that's beside the point.

yes i made my point.

rock on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Run away it the MAN*....

*Also known as Whitey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Well looks like what I heard was wrong which is very good news. It's just that clearchannel have been buying up loads of stations in Uk and throughout europe so made sense that they would try the same thing in Ireland. Not the kind of company you want running things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement