Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Globe

• 10-09-2004 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I was asked to go to a nightclub called the Globe tonight .I havent heard much about it but that its situated in Georges Street across the road from the George. Its not a gay spot (the globe ) is it???

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

weedhead wrote:
    I was asked to go to a nightclub called the Globe tonight .I havent heard much about it but that its situated in Georges Street across the road from the George. Its not a gay spot (the globe ) is it???

no, just bisexuals :D

From what I know it isn't, you know that Georges Street doesn't just cater for homosexuals, don't you?

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

weedhead wrote:

Yeah it is!! For the love of God don't go there. They'll know you're straight just by looking at you and they'll want to do things to you.....sick things!! Whatever you do, DO NOT GO!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Really ???

Pheww dodged the bullet that time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

the niteclub is probably RiRa's .
    the pub part of this club is called the globe .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

How do you leave your house at all! Get it together man! But yeah Globe is a great spot, Ri Ra is the club alright. Might even end up there tonight to. Have fun! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Super Glue

globe is grand sometimes da music is way to loud in there tho..... they be rocking it out to the point when my ear drums start to bleed but its a good spot

I just got back from RiRas and my god was that the worst night of my live , the music was terrible (it was jazz for god sake) and the people , a load of beetnicks clicking to the music.I was waiting for a poetry bash to break out .Trust me never go there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

weedhead wrote:

Jaysus, don't bend over to pick up any fivers, you'll be ok :rolleyes:

(the Globe isn't gay as far as I know but so what if it is? I've been to gay bars on occasions - they somehow managed to keep their hands off me )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Super Glue

Jazz ..... :confused: I was there twice and both times it was hip hop tunes - well never go there again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Wow. They were playing ACTUAL music instead of hip hop. What WERE they thinking.
    I think you'll find their hiphop night is little more than an excuse for Irish slappers to go looking to find out if the rumours about the differences between white guys and black guys is true.... suits the guys that turn up I'm sure. And the slappers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

The Globe and Ri Ra would be somewhere were id go most weekends... as one of the previous posters said, just because its on georges st, doesnt mean that only gay people go there... If thats your thinking then the photolab shop across the road must only cater for gay people who want to get their photos developed....

Its a good spot for people who are sick of a regular nightclub banging out chart crap. good alternative night...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think you'll find their hiphop night is little more than an excuse for Irish slappers to go looking to find out if the rumours about the differences between white guys and black guys is true....

Yep, and it is. Those bastards really can dance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

The Globe is a good pub but be careful of the toilet downstairs. There is a black fella in there who pretends to be selling aftershave and condoms. One time I was standing at the urinal and I could see in the reflection off the mirror near me that he had a hidden camera and a streaming video box. When I confronted him about this I noticed he was wearing makeup and wasn't actually black, but just pretending.

On my way home that night in Zaytoon I noticed lots of gays in there as well.

So be careful, they're everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Not Zaytoon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cactus Col wrote:
    Not Zaytoon!!

Yup! They're everywhere!!!

I've even heard a rumour, although I don't know if it's true, that they have their own forum here on boards!!! It's called something like the GLDJBMGGMM Forum.

Although I haven't looked for it as I'd be afraid that would make me gay if I did!!!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

weedhead wrote:
    I just got back from RiRas and my god was that the worst night of my live , the music was terrible (it was jazz for god sake) and the people , a load of beetnicks clicking to the music.I was waiting for a poetry bash to break out .Trust me never go there
    says weedhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I was in RiRa a while back, twas a bit of fun :) 7euro in that night - think its ten at teh weekends?

Yeah says weedhead!

Advertisement