Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1, Season 8, Episode 9: Sacrifices [Spoilers]

Options
  • 10-09-2004 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Cant wait to see These 4 episodes Wahooo!
    They all sound VERY good

Rate This Episode 12 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    16% 2 votes
    Ok
    66% 8 votes
    Bad
    8% 1 vote
    You Wasted 44 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    8% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Good episode, glad to see they are spending some mony on the SFX and fights again. Looking forward to them fighting Bal, soon by the looks of it...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aye, good episode. Yer man who plays Ryac(?) still can't act to save his life though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Twas a gfood episode better than this weeks SGA.
    both SGA and Sg1 where verygood this week. more of the same next week hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Wasnt very impressed with this weeks SG1 episode. Ryac is an awful actor and always lowers the quality of any episode he is in I find. Teal'c running around with the double staff weapons was kick ass tho :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Enjoyed this one - solid, nothing spectacular. R'yac, at least, didn't say too much...
    Nice to see Teal'c recommit, as such, to Ishta despite his fling in "Affinity" (we can put it down to Ishta and Teal'c being too stubborn to fall in love). I think Teal'c was quite impressive this week, solid and strong. No longer would he rush headlong into battle, but pause to assess the situation and employ tactics. However, that won't stop him performing some excellent double-staff moves - eat dirt Darth Maul.
    Hopefully we're going to have a nice big showdown with Ba'al and his ever expanding super-soldier empire. And how does Bre'tac remain so youthful looking... maybe they'll answer that too...

• Advertisement

Bre`tac is probbley the oldent Jafa ever.
    We know a jafa can only take a new symbiot a certan ammount of times then there body will no longer take a new gou`auld.
    Bre`tac takes tratinion. No jafa has probbbley ever lived as long as the great master bre`tac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Pretty good episode. We've seen another contender for "biggest chin on a Goa'uld" - where do they keep getting them from??? Right enough, Teal'c's run with the 2 staff weapons tied together was impressive. I had to laugh at some of the Jaffa actors who just ran straight at him and got shot - the last one was particularly amusing. I dunno, maybe they prefer hand-to-hand or something. I would have tried to shoot him myself.

R'yac is a poor actor though. He reminds me a bit of Jake from Deep Space 9. I thought SG-1 used to do adolescents pretty well - the Harcesus child (sp?), etc. Still, maybe he'll improve with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Wasnt a half bad episode. I must say I enjoyed it anyway.

I do have a question about the Affinity Episode.
    spoiler for Episode 807 Affinity.
    Are you sure Teal'c slept with her. I mean, we just see him waking up in the morning. She has disappeared and we later find out that she was kidnapped. Which means someone would have to sneak into his room and take her from his bed?
    But then they did only seem to rent 1 room and they seemed to be getting rather intimate...

Beats me.

Its funny, we were having a discussion just before watching this episode about how they normally have alot of filler episodes from about episode 6 to 16. Where they spend very little money on the episodes and usually dont develop the later plot very much.

Then this episode just plays along introducing us to Teal'c's new life and while a very well done episode it just strikes me as a filler episode. And then in the space of the last 15 minutes it reveals a big conspiracy involving ex-NID, Ancient Technology and Go'Auld writing. Brilliant. Didnt see it coming. This will probably be important later on.

Looking forward to the next episodes.

Better off asking questions about 807 in the 807 topic

Better off asking questions about 807 in 807

• Advertisement
Advertisement