Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA, Season 1, Episode 9: Home [Spoilers]

Options
  • 10-09-2004 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Cant wait to see These 4 episodes Wahooo!
    They all sound VERY good

Rate This Episode 11 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    18% 2 votes
    Ok
    27% 3 votes
    Bad
    27% 3 votes
    You Wasted 44 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    27% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

They are going to have to stop rehashing old episodeds of SG1 in to Atlantis. This one was very like the SG1 eps where they end up in the false world after sitting in the chairs. Very disapointing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Brillent episode, very very good i liked this allot.
    Good story and very facanating.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

wtf is facanating?

As soon as they discovered they could gate home I was praying that it wouldn't be one of those 'dream' type episodes. Unfortunately, it was. It reminded me of Gatekeeper as Rew mentioned, but also it reminded me of "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors" and that other old cartoon where Esteban was looking for the cities of gold in South America. If Atlantis turns into one of those shows where they have a desperate longing for one specific goal and continually almost achieve it but never quite do (Voyager going home for example), i'll be very disappointed. I imagine they'll be able to go back to Earth before long, but before the writers allow that to happen they'll need to give more reason to keep the Atlantis base up, otherwise it would be shut down or re-assessed as it was in the fantasy (parallels with SG1 season 1's episode Politics can definately be drawn...)

Ultimately, a disappointing episode. SG1 wins this week for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

kaids wrote:
    If Atlantis turns into one of those shows where they have a desperate longing for one specific goal and continually almost achieve it but never quite do (Voyager going home for example), i'll be very disappointed.
    Ahh, such is the War on Terror (TM). SGA109 was a terribly lame episode. It was obvious from the beginning that they wouldn't be able to dial home. McGyver Lost Treasure of Atlantis was way more amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This was the worst episode of SG:A so far. I was hoping it would turn out like kaids mentioned as another "all in your mind" type episodes and seeing how none of the SG1 actors bar Walter were in it and none of the SG:A cast asked " where's Jack" seeing as he is the new boss of the Stargate project it gave the "surprise" away right at the start of the show. Also Sheppard spending the latter half of the show chatting away with his 2 dead buddies and not being bothered by it was just stupid and a very bad scripting idea.

Talia still sucks even tho she was dressed in a cute little outfit this week. Can we please have her eaten by the Wraith please. McKay's "I'm with Genius" t-shirt totally rocked tho :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Another disappointed note here. It was incredibly derivative to my mind, although in 'The Gamekeeper' it took a somewhat different angle (e.g. Daniel seeing his parents go smashy smashy repeatedly).
    What was wrong, as a number of people pointed out was:

* Hammond being in charge and no other SGC crew. Clearly wasn't meant to be real. Were we the viewer supposed to ever think otherwise?
    * Weir going through the gate despite saying she wouldn't. Ditto for all the rest (with the possible exception of McKay...)
    * Sheppard talking to his buddies, despite them being dead
    * McKay, despite being the genius, having to do a Jack at the end and repeat what he was just told about it not being real. Since when is he slow?
    * Why so little of Ford's reality?

The fake reality was done also a lot better in SG1's S8 opener, where Sam rejected the vision far more quickly, as we'd expect. I'm terribly disappointed that the writers dumbed McKay down on account of his libido. Although, to be fair, McKay was the best thing in the episode, as much as he could be. His exasparation at the start when they dared to even think he couldn't figure it out, and his trying to decide where he'd be more valuable were some of the few enjoyable moments this week.

Well I hope I enjoy SG1 more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Hammond wasn't in charge of the SGC, he's in charge of "Homeworld Security" which is the SGC, the 303s and 302s, and the Atlantis expedition.

Advertisement