Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1, Season 8, Episode 10: Endgame [Spoilers]

Options
  • 10-09-2004 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Cant wait to see These 4 episodes Wahooo!
    They all sound VERY good

Rate This Episode 11 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    54% 6 votes
    Ok
    45% 5 votes
    Bad
    0% 0 votes
    You Wasted 44 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

User45701 wrote:
    Cant wait to see These 4 episodes Wahooo!
    They all sound VERY good

Great episode, loads of action couple of difernt parallel stories things are really shaping up for SG1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wuhoo! This week I think both shows got one of the best episodes of their seasons.

I like the Trust. I though they'd be just another NID-clone, but they're a lot more hard-ass than that. It'll be interesting to see if they've done permanent damage with their relationship with the Jaffa - will they be willing to ally themselves with a world which has slaughtered so many? I hope this isn't left alone as it's got some interesting potential reprecussions.

I also enjoyed the tie-in with other storylines, principally the symbiote poison but also Osiris' ship. And of course we had some good character interaction, and I must say I laughed aloud at Daniel's "YOU HAD COFFEE!!" exclamation. Hah!

Can't wait to see what happens next week. What did you say about next week? Shut up I can't hear you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

ixoy wrote:
    Wuhoo! This week I think both shows got one of the best episodes of their seasons.

I like the Trust. I though they'd be just another NID-clone, but they're a lot more hard-ass than that. It'll be interesting to see if they've done permanent damage with their relationship with the Jaffa - will they be willing to ally themselves with a world which has slaughtered so many? I hope this isn't left alone as it's got some interesting potential reprecussions.

I also enjoyed the tie-in with other storylines, principally the symbiote poison but also Osiris' ship. And of course we had some good character interaction, and I must say I laughed aloud at Daniel's "YOU HAD COFFEE!!" exclamation. Hah!

Can't wait to see what happens next week. What did you say about next week? Shut up I can't hear you :eek:

There is no show next week, is there???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

OmegaRed wrote:
    There is no show next week, is there???

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Great episode and sadley yes no episode for several weeks. ithink we should all meet up in the pub and drown our sorrows by getting very drunk and then watching re-runs for a few days. ne1 elce up for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Now this episode was much better than last weeks lame duck. Wasnt overly happy with the NiD/Trust getting away at the end. Teal'c coming through the Stargate and blowing a hole in the Trust guy was such a "oh yeah" moment tho I was really hopeing he would of terminated the other 2 trust peeps for wiping out so many of his fellow Jaffa.

Also why no episodes next week/next few weeks?

Venom wrote:
    Also why no episodes next week/next few weeks?
    Because Sci-Fi are Goa'uld. They break their season in half so they won't show the second half of SG1 or SGA until January 2005. I kid you not.

What happens often, as a result, is that Sky One show the second half of the season before the US because they start in October, or whenever, and never take a break and thus go into the new episodes before the show returns in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ixoy wrote:
    Because Sci-Fi are Goa'uld. They break their season in half so they won't show the second half of SG1 or SGA until January 2005. I kid you not.

What happens often, as a result, is that Sky One show the second half of the season before the US because they start in October, or whenever, and never take a break and thus go into the new episodes before the show returns in the US.

JANUARY 2000 AND ****ING 5?

WTF!

Thats just insane :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

ixoy wrote:

In related news, we get the Battlestar Galactica series in October while the US doesn't get it until January.

So we've something to tide away those long lonely nights. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I was leaning towards "Amazing" for this one, but in the end, I opted for "Good". I reserve the "amazing" tag for those episodes that figure a giant new Anubis warship (like the end of Series 6) aswell as all the other quality stuff.

Having said that, I agree it was the best episode so far in the series. Good technician / scientist humour, great plot and story expansion, and some quality weaponary - I liked the MP7 that the lead Trust guy used instead of a door knob for about 5 minutes. Its a pity Teal'c blew a hole in his chest at the end, as he would have been useful for a bit of info.

And of course, nice to see some gritty realism (in the form of genocide) from the bad guys. No arsing around!

• Advertisement

UIf they contunie to launch attacks with what theyhave left they shoulsd be able to cripple Baa`l anmd restore the balence of power tothe system lords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

We never learned if the poisen has any effect on the supersoldiers though, their armour might keep them immune from it, which would keep the power very much with Baa`l ... Can't quite recall now, why did anubus ever stop using the supersoldiers to assinate other system lords? like yeah we got weapons to kill em on earth...jaffa still carrying staff ones tho..

anubis never stoped using them on other system lords.

afterh is mother ship was destroyed by baal and he (we think) lost the naquadria then he spent his time taking out loads of mnor gou`auld to regain power then he attacked earth was destroyed and then baal took over and started using them. i wonder did baal also gain controll of whatever (if any) naquadria anubis had left

If I remember correctly, Ba'al was the one who intercepted the System Lords' ship that was sent to test whether Earth still had the Ancient defences in operation. Something tells me he might be persuaded to change his mind on that one now.

I wonder what's happened to Lord Yu these days too. First he went a bit mad, then he seemed to compose himself, and his first prime seems to be doing a reasonable job of defending his territory.

Another thing I'm wondering is whether Sam was telling the truth about the planet she helped the Trust avoid with that missile. She said Ba'al had abandoned it, but I was wondering if there might be an ulterior motive...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

mr_angry wrote:
    If I remember correctly, Ba'al was the one who intercepted the System Lords' ship that was sent to test whether Earth still had the Ancient defences in operation. Something tells me he might be persuaded to change his mind on that one now.

I wonder what's happened to Lord Yu these days too. First he went a bit mad, then he seemed to compose himself, and his first prime seems to be doing a reasonable job of defending his territory.

Another thing I'm wondering is whether Sam was telling the truth about the planet she helped the Trust avoid with that missile. She said Ba'al had abandoned it, but I was wondering if there might be an ulterior motive...?
    The planet could have been a rebel Jaffa base. Hell, it could have been the new planet of the Haktyl! :P

Anyway, SciFi are taking a break because all the major US networks (NBC, Fox etc.) start their fall seasons around now, and SciFi don't want to have to compete with them, so they save their good shows for the off-seasons of the big networks. But it's all good, means we get to watch kick-ass episodes like Lost City first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I finally got around to downloading the episode. I really didn't like how they glossed over the fact that O'Neill froze and didn't give the order to fire and then ultimately traded the lives of millions of Jaffa for three of his teammates.

Fenster wrote:
    I really didn't like how they glossed over the fact that O'Neill froze and didn't give the order to fire and then ultimately traded the lives of millions of Jaffa for three of his teammates.
    See I saw that, when they went down, O'Neill had a pained look on his face because the decision had been difficult for him. Now the right or wrong it will, I believe, come back to haunt us but for now he knows that he may not have made the right choice and that's enough for me.

O`niel made the best choice for him his team and for earth. the Trust are right a few rebel jafa and tokra inexchange for milllions of jafa/gouadul lives.

Ultimately, O'Neill's responsibility is to look after his teams anyway - look at the size of the investigation when Janet Fraiser was killed. He wasn't responsible for The Trust doing what they did, nor was he responsible for the welfare of the rebel Jaffa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

screw it , he ain't going to lose his job over a few million jaffa, who otherwise would be happy enuf to kill him. Where as if he had destroyed the ship he would have lost the earths foremost experts on ancient stuff and wormhole theory, not to mention the stargate......i think for earths interests he made the right choice, maybe not the most moral of them....but strategically yes....earth would have been crippled against bal`l otherwise if he decided to come collect that ancient device....

• Advertisement

morels are irrelvent in war the Trust are right theyre way was the right way .

Advertisement