Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

kenwood speakers in argos

Options
  • 10-09-2004 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I have a sony stereo in my car that outputs 4x50w and i have some real crappy speakers in the car so was thinking of upgrading has anyone bought the kenwood speakers in the argos or know if there any good ?!? there only like 30 and they handle 100w which would seem to be fine but im not sure yet so any help would be appricated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Get the Sony XPlod 6x9's for 50quid. 200watt peak PMPO, 45w RMS.
    Good value for 50yoyo and theyre excellent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

but would i use 200w if my speakers inly output 50w ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Kristok wrote:
    but would i use 200w if my speakers inly output 50w ?!?
    The power output on the headunit is probably measured in RMS, whereas the power output on the speakers (200W) is a different measurement called PMPO or 'Peak Power' (this basically gives you the impression that the speakers are more powerful than they are). As already said, the 200W Peak roughly equates to 45W RMS, so those speakers would work fine with the headunit.

Hope this helps,

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

...What dcGT said :)

Your car stereo is probably (at very best) 4 x 50w RMS. The Sony XPlod 6x9's in Argos are 45w RMS ... Perfect combination. For 50quid cant go wrong, you wont get a decent meal and a bottle of wine for 50quid these days :eek:

Advertisement