Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 dvd+r's for 15 euro

• 10-09-2004 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

I was in peats in parnell st. dublin, the other day and I got me a few spindles of these. They're a brand called bulkpack and they're 4 speed. They also seem to be fairly good too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

Have previously purchased these from pricestorm.com for 7.49 GBP, first batch I received worked great, no coasters, bought two more packs and 50% of them failed....I think I'd avoid them myself in future as some other users on this forum also complained about their reliability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I got a pack of bulkpaq 4x a while ago, the only way I got any useable burns on them was at 1x on a Pioneer 106, even then they only play properly on some equipment. Better discs can be got for a similar price or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Cheers for the info. Didnt realise they were so bad, any of the films I burned on them worked perfect and worked in any dvd player i offered them up to. But I do realise you can get a bad batch now and again. hopefully I didnt!! anyway where is the best place to get me some chap dvd+r's???

If they work in your burner then there is no reason not to use them, some brands are better in one burner and some are better in others.

http://www.svp.co.uk
    http://www.pricestorm.com

Are always good for price, svp are cheaper but have higher postage, better for bulk buys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Compustore in carlow are selling the exact same for 25 euros. I got some in peats too, 1 or 2 fails, When i burn at 2x they all come out fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Cheers for the info. Didnt realise they were so bad, any of the films I burned on them worked perfect and worked in any dvd player i offered them up to. But I do realise you can get a bad batch now and again. hopefully I didnt!! anyway where is the best place to get me some chap dvd+r's???

Maplin - 100 dvds for just less then 50 euros. +r and -r same price.
    No idea about brand.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 george0

if you use dvd decrypter .
    you can see the dye on the dvds and there awefull.
    try use the go4 rytek dye ie arita, brand .etc .
    i got a supplier from the north . 100 propper ritek dvds plus or minus. 60 euro. never got 1 coaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

if you use dvd decrypter .
    you can see the dye on the dvds and there awefull.

Have latest DvdDecryptor - cannot see any obvious option - sure you mentioned the correct software?

Bought Maplin disks - hispace brand. burn at 4x and seem ok.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I bought a spindle of those 25 for €15 and so far I have burned 3 movies, and 5 data discs with no fails !

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

I also got Maplin's HiSpace dvd-r's, 100 for €49.20. No complaints so far. They sell out pretty quick though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

the bulkpaq is vary from disc to disc, I had them before bough 200 of them in 2 100 spindle, one spindle was ok but the other spindle had lots problem, about 20 of them wont burn or takes ages to burn, some wont play, if you're unlucky you may get hte bad ones, but they are ok for the price!

ozmo wrote:

Have latest DvdDecryptor - cannot see any obvious option - sure you mentioned the correct software?

Mode-ISO-Read

The right pane gives all the information on the disk, including the ID code.

Advertisement