Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod unDRM

Options
  • 10-09-2004 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this..Mods please move the post if not.

Heres my question. I'm considering purchasing an 4th gen 20gig ipod (PC edition), BUT I will only do so if I can find third party software that will allow me to defeat apples ridiculous restriction on downloading songs from more than one computer. I don't mind flashing the ipods internal software if necessary, but what I'm looking for is a piece of software that I can burn to a mini cd and carry in my wallet and install on friends pcs so we can share music two way. Is this possible ? Is anyone on boards actively using such software ?

I've looked online at software like xplay, and Pod master 1000, and have so far found nothing capable of doing this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you download music from apples shop there is no way of beating the DRM without doing a 1:1 recording of it.

But if your asking is there anyway you can go to a friends house and copy your non DRM music to his comp you can use sharepod for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭edwardo

Thats grand guys thanks very much. I wasn't looking to unDRM songs from the apple store, just to get by the DRM restrictions on the device itself (i.e: share my music, stuff I've recorded myself and promo tracks which are free to download online, with friends). I'll check out the software you recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I stand corrected. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

edwardo wrote:
    Thats grand guys thanks very much. I wasn't looking to unDRM songs from the apple store, just to get by the DRM restrictions on the device itself (i.e: share my music, stuff I've recorded myself and promo tracks which are free to download online, with friends). I'll check out the software you recommended.
    If on a pc you should be able to do it by.....
    OPen ipod as it appears as a drive ->Tools->Folder options->Show hidden files, then drag the folder of music to hd then -> properties->uncheck hidden box, folder should be visible with music inside it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement