Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels Vs Lille - problems with T.V and Kick off

• 10-09-2004 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

RTE ran a story on their news about the problems Shels are having with the French side lille. The deal with the French T.V has fallen through and now there is little reason to play at 5.30pm. Shelbourne wants to move the game back to 7.30pm and lille doesnt seem to want to help out in any way.

Its in start contrast to the professionalism of Deportivo who allowed Shels to play at home first and change the size of the pitch.

RTE are going to show the match, only right seeing the about of complaints they got about the last cock up with the 1500meters stuck in the middle of the game.

I hope they can move the match back, otherwise there might not be as many supporters. Shels can win this game and lille probably know it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

its a joke compromising your fans to please french tv!

hopefully the french will hate us by mid october, when we hammer lille, and beat france in their own back yard!

vive le shels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Match has been moved to a 7pm kick-off.

Got my tickets this evening.

'Wan the Shels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Means I don't have to take most of my first day back to college off then! :) (Is that really a good thing?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

RTE are going to show the match, only right seeing the about of complaints they got about the last cock up with the 1500meters stuck in the middle of the game.

I disagree. It is only right that when an Irish team is representing the country in Europe, the game should be shown live, or at least the home leg should be. This goes for Cork in the Inter Two-Bob too, in fairness. Its' one thing to argue just how much of a positive effect the likes of Bohs-Cork at a half-empty, crumbling Dalymount will have on the infamous "Irish soccer public", but when it comes to the fanfare of European football, the games just have to be shown, regardless of how many complaints they got over the athletics.

Advertisement