Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering 6230 (SIM Free) online

• 10-09-2004 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭

Was looking at the nokia 6230 on their website. It works out at €376.43 or £247.49.
    http://www.livetelecom.com/erol.html#305x3030
    That leaves the exchange rate at 0.657, while the exchange rate at the minute is about 0.69. This would leave the phone at around €358. Nice saving, is there anyway you can avoid this? because they seem to be the cheapest compared to expansys and mphone. Anybody ordered from them before or know what their service is like, they say that they have next day delivery to ROI.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ordered a P900 from them as they had the best price at the time - only problem was they shipped a European power adapter with it but after a quick call they express posted the UK one out to me straight away and let me keep the European one (the P900 unit/contents/packing was a UK version)

reading what you've posted check out their 'Order Notes' on the checkout page:
    "Please note that all transactions will be carried out in GBP UK STERLING and prices may differ depending on Barclays exchange rate at time of purchase."

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭digiman

Thanks for the reply, they seem to be the cheapest anyhow. If there sterling rate was a bit better I would go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

ordered a P900 from them as they had the best price at the time - only problem was they shipped a European power adapter with it but after a quick call they express posted the UK one out to me straight away and let me keep the European one (the P900 unit/contents/packing was a UK version)

reading what you've posted check out their 'Order Notes' on the checkout page:
    "Please note that all transactions will be carried out in GBP UK STERLING and prices may differ depending on Barclays exchange rate at time of purchase."

BrianG

When ordering is it straight-forward or do you have to go fax them off official ID and the like?and also how long til ur order arrived?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

for my order I just had to submit the checkout form and that was it, ordered it on a Tuesday evening and it arrived on the Friday - however my order was made a few months ago so you may want to call them and double check yourself

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Just ordered a 6230 there ao hopefully will arrive before the end of the week.thanks for ur reply :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 McSqueeb

In the near future I want to buy a Nokia 6230, I want to know of anywhere that gives you the best value for your money (€€€€€€), I want to get a SIM FREE phone so vodafone/02 site are not included.

P.S: Are you able to buy the 6230 with the white cover or is it only available in the black in Ireland?

Thanks in advance... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 8080

McSqueeb wrote:
    In the near future I want to buy a Nokia 6230, I want to know of anywhere that gives you the best value for your money (€€€€€€), I want to get a SIM FREE phone so vodafone/02 site are not included.

Carphonewarehouse: €399, black, unlocked. They'll give a trade-in of €15 as well. You might get more off if you order by phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I want to get a new mobile phone,
    I was thinking of the new nokia 6230 and i found it on mphone.co.uk for 310 euro plus p+p,
    anybody know any cheaper sites that deliver to ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

It actually works out at about 345 including P&P from mphone.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I got mine from fish4fones.ie no as cheep as quoted here but i liked the fact that i had it in my hand 60mins after ordering it :)

But i do live 15mins from the main offices in sandyford.

Oh and mine is the pearl colour (white) which has grown on me a lot after seing the black one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Havent dealt with them but seen them mentioned a lot here on boards, and by all accounts, they seem to be very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i just ordered the phone,came to 345 eurons and they said 3-4 days delivery,just wanting to know if their delivery service is on time?

Advertisement