Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people hate Bi-Sexuals.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

You've demintrated far more sexual deviatant behaviour then moi in the thread, what with you bed hoping story
    what exactly are you trying to suggest, the story I referred to had nithing to do with sexual behaviour. HE was in my house that I shared with my friend, it wasn't uncommon for the two of us to sit up all night talking. I had no intention of making exception for him. She was there when I needed someone to turn to. not for sex
    Listen love I haven't called you a lesbian once
    your a patronising pr!ck and you have takenshots in the dark regarding my sexuality on several occasions throughout this thread.
    haven't a clue why your ranting on about abuse, slitting up, and what ever the hell else.
    That would have been in response to this
    You actually said You've left you'r parnter, father of your five year old child, this type of behaviour is a little odd to say the least. Of course it's easy to have a non sexual relationship you'r getting yours elsewhere. How exactly do you think she felt about this hold thing? If your partner was doing the same thing with a guy you label him a fag, wouldn't you. Cause men only have one thing on their mind. He am I to call you a lesbian, I've no understand of the love that exist between two women, platonic or other wise. In the same fashion you have no idea and never will of the love that can exist between two men, platonic or otherwise. Also suppose i call you a lesbian, whats so insulting about that. Thats the problem here, your mind set is as if some how being a lesbian is something so insulting.

because you seem to think its ok to pass judgment on my past relationships from your narrow minded, predjudiced perspective.

Love I've explained why this is odd.
    why don't you just explain again honey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

keu wrote:
    what exactly are you trying to suggest

No more then you where trying to suggest, when you claimed this thread was about my own issues, and how dare someone like me talk about intimacy.

because you seem to think its ok to pass judgment on my past relationships from your narrow minded, predjudiced perspective.

Excellent, your finally getting the idea. It's not nice when someone passes judgment on others relationships, based on narrow minded prejudiced and limited perspectives is it. That exactly what you where doing at the start on the thread, and the hole reason I've been having a go at your relationship was for you to come to the above realization.

No more then you why trying to suggest, when you claimed this thread was about my own issues, and how dare someone like me talk about intimacy.
    ahh..I see..so you were insulting me because you would deny that this is really about your own issues.?
    Excellent, your finally getting the idea. It's not nice when someone passes judgment on others relationships, based on narrow minded prejudiced and limited perspectives is it. That exactly what you where doing at the start on the thread, and the hole reason I've been having a go at your relationship was for you to come to the above realization.

ditto.

and for the record...I didn't pass judgment on you or your relationships while making my point, my views were based on a generalisation, wheras you eliberately insulted and offended and attacked me, my relationships in order to prove your point.
    If thats how you do business I'm not suprised people have issues with you (doubt it has anything to do with your sexuality at all)

keu wrote:
    ahh..I see..so you were insulting me because you would deny that this is really about your own issues.?

ditto.

and for the record...I didn't pass judgment on you or your relationships while making my point, my views were based on a generalisation, wheras you eliberately insulted and offended and attacked me, my relationships in order to prove your point.
    If thats how you do business I'm not suprised people have issues with you (doubt it has anything to do with your sexuality at all)

Lady you're the greatest.

• Advertisement

I know.

(and now we know why people hate bi-sexuals.)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

" someone who hasn't a clue on which side of the fence they stand "
    There is NO fence !

"playmate catering for his sexual diversions".

ahh.. being an homosexual in an age where you are allowed to be who you are ! leaves you feeling righteous and free to impose your 'moral' standards on the rest of us who may not fit into your idea of how things should be .
    do you not remember ever being on the recieving end of this ?

"In such an instance I would either consider that person to be confused or selfish".
    Perhaps a pervert ?

"..does that sound prudish?"

no it sounds Bigoted . you should be ashamed .

Boston wrote:
    Would it bother you if you where with someone who was BI, would you find it weird?

I said it would. I didn't attack anybody here for their sexuality. I'm not responsible for how they percieved those statements, if they wish to take them personally thats their business, if they wish to call me a bigott I don't really care.
    ahh.. being an homosexual in an age where you are allowed to be who you are !
    this has nothing to do with homosexuality, but it seems obvious that I'm not allowed be who I am.
    In such an instance I would either consider that person to be confused or selfish".
    Perhaps a pervert ?
    no...just someone looking for love wherever they can find it.

again I will state..I made generalisations, Boston made a personal attack, if he is the personification of bi-sexual, than the confusion is evident.
    People who know who they are have no need to attack others for their beliefs, they usually stand firm with what they know to be true and are not offended, if he is insecure he will do his best to defend his own truth. Which is what happened here.
    I didn't see anyone else try to attack me, the other users who are comfortable with their sexuality spoke with integrity and confidence and seemingly don't have the same issues as Boston does.

Perhaps a pervert ?
    thought never entered my mind.

Keu, I get the feeling you’re not telling us something about why you feel so bitter towards the idea a person can be bi-sexual people (beyond the normal reasons) – maybe I’m wrong?.
    yea..people like Boston make me bitter towards bi-sexuals, people like clair H querty and Ioxy make it almost desirable.

• Advertisement

I've given you no reason to think I'm Bi. Ixoy isn't bi afaik btw.
    People who know who they are have no need to attack others for their beliefs

I know who i am, i'm Joe.
    just someone looking for love wherever they can find it.

This right here is what I've a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Boston wrote:

First can I ask, are you a guy or a Girl. Would you be worried in the sense, and I'll mess up describing this, he would be spending allot of time around guys (perfectly natural when your a guy) friends sports and the like, and the oppertunity would be greater to cheat. Most guys would find it difficult to explain to the Grilfriend that they are going out with a group of young attractive ladies for a night, that they talk to these ladies about there relationships, and that these ladies know the guy allot longer then the GF. So maybe its the same way for girls when there bi boyfriends says he's going out with aload of guys, is this the thought process? just trying to see it from a woman's point of view.

I be's a girl. Well firstly I've never had a bi bf so I'm talking bout how I think I'd feel. While on the one hand it'd be good because could lead to sum 'interesting' stuff for us it would be tad worrying if he had a lot of bi/gay male friends and straight/bi female friends. Usually a bf wouldn't be going out with lots of women he's potentially gonna be attracted to without his gf but if it's a guy's night out and they're all bi there's still potential for him to cheat whereas if a group of straight guys go out they're more likely to wanna catch up wit friends, etc than go pull a stranger (some of hte time neways). Lol feel like haven't explained v well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You're in a pretty bad relationship already if you're worried that he'll cheat simply because the option is there.

phlematic wrote:
    You're in a pretty bad relationship already if you're worried that he'll cheat simply because the option is there.

Well more worried than when its not is wat i meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Well more worried than when its not is wat i meant

The options are always there, though. If someone wants to cheat on their boy/girlfriend, they'll find someone. There's plenty of people of both sexes in the world; every single person regardless of their sexual orientation has an opportunity to cheat if they want to.

I never said they didnt

I was watching a program on Tv3 last night wherr the topic was black men on the "down low". Basically Gay men pretending other wise by having wifes and kids. Just a constant undertone that gay = sleeping with men. And afew references to those that sleep with women and men and merely jumping in and out of the closet. The actual reason I started this thread was not because a casual conversation in a pub one nice. It was a friend telling me about how when her school friends found out, it eventually cost here every friend she had. Drove her right to the edge of killing, either herself or those causing her life hell. Being forced to leave her school, repeating in another school. And o yea it contributing to her lossing her boyfriend. Now she was sitting there scared ****less to tell moi, and even more afraid of her current boyfriends finding out (I introduced them).

Anyway, life's a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

this has been a really informative discussion, I've learnt a lot about bisexuality, peoples prejudices and I have to say beforehand I was a bit ignornat on some of the issues

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Boston wrote:
    I was watching a program on Tv3 last night wherr the topic was black men on the "down low". Basically Gay men pretending other wise by having wifes and kids. Just a constant undertone that gay = sleeping with men. And afew references to those that sleep with women and men and merely jumping in and out of the closet. The actual reason I started this thread was not because a casual conversation in a pub one nice. It was a friend telling me about how when her school friends found out, it eventually cost here every friend she had. Drove her right to the edge of killing, either herself or those causing her life hell. Being forced to leave her school, repeating in another school. And o yea it contributing to her lossing her boyfriend. Now she was sitting there scared ****less to tell moi, and even more afraid of her current boyfriends finding out (I introduced them).

Anyway, life's a hole.
    Stop watching Law & Order

The story may be fiction but the way its told and hte attitudes expressed are not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

this is a really interesting therad and i was going to start one like it myself.

i recently told my friends (not my family yet) that i am bisexual. they reacted with interest, saying it was 'interesting' etc. if i had said 'im gay',i think the reaction would be a lot different, possibly negative.

the whole coming out process was such a letdown, as people already suspected it, (maybe thats a good thing) and it was socially very acceptable for two girls to be with each other, but at the end of the day have a boyfriend, (as i did then) ie, be straight.

my boyfriend said 'cool' when i told him, we're no longer together...
    but anyway, my ex found out i kissed another boy and he flipped out. about two months after that he found out i had kissed my a girl friend, and didnt have a problem, he asked me if she was any good, that was about it.

i honestly can say i dont see a fence, i am not confused or trying to make my mind up. i like who i like, ive had one minor samesex relationship and one major opp sex relationship. i dont go out thinking, 'maybe ill score a boy tonight', or 'maybe ill score a girl', i just hope that i score!

i fall in love with the person, not their sex, the persons gender really doesnt come into it for me. i can get toi be really close friends with a girl or a boy, without having any sexual feelings, the same way i might start feeling something for a girl, but if she;s straight, have to cool the friendship for my own sake, just like id do if it was a boy.

also i hate it when girls kiss each other for the purposes of attracting boys, it helps make that whole stereotype even stonger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

this is a really interesting therad and i was going to start one like it myself.

i recently told my friends (not my family yet) that i am bisexual. they reacted with interest, saying it was 'interesting' etc. if i had said 'im gay',i think the reaction would be a lot different, possibly negative.

the whole coming out process was such a letdown, as people already suspected it, (maybe thats a good thing) and it was socially very acceptable for two girls to be with each other, but at the end of the day have a boyfriend, (as i did then) ie, be straight.

my boyfriend said 'cool' when i told him, we're no longer together...
    but anyway, my ex found out i kissed another boy and he flipped out. about two months after that he found out i had kissed my a girl friend, and didnt have a problem, he asked me if she was any good, that was about it.

i honestly can say i dont see a fence, i am not confused or trying to make my mind up. i like who i like, ive had one minor samesex relationship and one major opp sex relationship. i dont go out thinking, 'maybe ill score a boy tonight', or 'maybe ill score a girl', i just hope that i score!

i fall in love with the person, not their sex, the persons gender really doesnt come into it for me. i can get toi be really close friends with a girl or a boy, without having any sexual feelings, the same way i might start feeling something for a girl, but if she;s straight, have to cool the friendship for my own sake, just like id do if it was a boy.

also i hate it when girls kiss each other for the purposes of attracting boys, it helps make that whole stereotype even stonger.

You sound very like me!

Felt myself nodding with a lot of your points.

Who knows who we'll fall in love with? M/F.. what the hell does it matter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is an interesting thread!

I'm bisexual though not openly because I fear some of the prejudices associated with being different. I'm not bisexual by conscious decision, most of the time I'm attracted to females physically but find it much easier to talk to males. I rarely make the first move towards anyone of either sex. However I have had long term monogamous relationships with members of both sexes. What I'm saying is that I'm not some savage beast, mad for it, who's trying to hump anyone and everyone!!

bisexual =! desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Be who you want to be, fck who you want to fck.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I never usually read Gay Times but did anyone read the article on bisexuality in September. It was disgracefully biphobic, will type it up and you can have a read sometime during the week

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

bisexual =! desperate!
    Wtf! B/s double the options! Can only state jealousy to tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wtf! B/s double the options! Can only state jealousy to tbh!

Yeah but within the gender groups, everyone has a subset of people that they fancy. Some people might fancy every second guy/girl they see and so have greater choice than a bisexual who happens to be fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dónall

On that note, I don't normally read Hot Press but picked up an edition by chance the other day where the sex therapist/agony aunt, or whatever she is, Anne Sexton had a very interesting article about bisexuality, how we evolve an change as we move through life and so on.

Anyway, she said she generally had relationships with men but had been with women in the past (it always causes less of a stir when a women say that, doesn't it?) But to thicken the plot very nicely she said that as she usually prefered very feminine looking men some people had accused her of being some sort of lesbian in denial - but then, she exclaimed, she went for boyish woman!! :cool: Where did that leave her?

Then she used the word pomosexual, which I'd never heard before - an ugly neologism that apparently means people who deny or defy traditional sexual classifications. The Pomo is short for post-modern ie eclectic, constantly shifting perspectives etc etc... an new classification to challenge classification - hurrah!

D&#243 wrote: »
    On that note, I don't normally read Hot Press but picked up an edition by chance the other day where the sex therapist/agony aunt, or whatever she is, Anne Sexton had a very interesting article about bisexuality, how we evolve an change as we move through life and so on.

Anyway, she said she generally had relationships with men but had been with women in the past (it always causes less of a stir when a women say that, doesn't it?) But to thicken the plot very nicely she said that as she usually prefered very feminine looking men some people had accused her of being some sort of lesbian in denial - but then, she exclaimed, she went for boyish woman!! :cool: Where did that leave her?

Then she used the word pomosexual, which I'd never heard before - an ugly neologism that apparently means people who deny or defy traditional sexual classifications. The Pomo is short for post-modern ie eclectic, constantly shifting perspectives etc etc... an new classification to challenge classification - hurrah!

So A label for people who refuse to be labeled? Thought that was what Queer was ment to stand for, or was that wannabe.

• Advertisement

D&#243 wrote: »
    Lest I be accused of not putting my cards on the table. I was gay/bisexual (whatever) 15 years ago, when I was 19/20. Had a nice time. Discovered women then, and been there ever since and prefer it - but I know for a fact it still bothers some people and that is true Michael Portillo fashion I'll forever be "Gay" in some people's beady-tabloidy little eyes.

When you say "discovered women" do you mean, sexually, or do you mean you discovered the joyes of being with a woman. I always thought of sexuality as a preference. one that chances day from day. But I've never actually had a sexual relationship with a woman, so how can I tell.

Advertisement