Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply in Japan

• 10-09-2004 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

(mods - feel free to delete this if you feel its not appropriate.)

I know the japanese power supply is 110 volts and ours is 220 volts or something like that. Is there some sort of converter available so that you could a laptop say ?

bringing a laptop out there i mean from here ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

(mods - feel free to delete this if you feel its not appropriate.)

I know the japanese power supply is 110 volts and ours is 220 volts or something like that. Is there some sort of converter available so that you could a laptop say ?

bringing a laptop out there i mean from here ;)

Japanese electricity is 100V, 50Hz in the east and 60Hz in the west. You'll need to check the power supply of your laptop. Usually if you look on the adapter it'll say that it supports 100V-240V and 50Hz-60Hz. If this is the case (and it is with most laptops) you will only need a plug adapter.
    Otherwise you will need to get a transformer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

My laptop had no problems over there, just needed the plug adapter. As long as your laptop can change the power supply to 100V, it should be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

wow, that was simple !! I just checked the power supply and it supports it :) thanks a lot :D

Advertisement