Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That stupid Law that stops J. Cert Events.

Options
  • 10-09-2004 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Who's idea was it to stop under-18's from entering licensed premises after 9?
    Now there's going to be no Events for the Junior Certians :(:o
    The irony is, it's probably going to result in more Drunken crime... :rolleyes: :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coconutmonkey

So they're giving us a curfew of 9? They dont honestly think thats going to help anything do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I don't think this is a new law...
    I don't know what they did for JC parties before, probably just held parties in unlicensed places like.. community halls or something.
    About that law... uhh... I suppose it makes sense in some ways and stuff, but I think they should have a way to be able to "lock" the bar and make the place temporarily unlicenced for the purpose of under18s parties.

If they're talkin about bars and pubs and stuff then i suppose it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Theres nothing good to do on j.c night, your too young to be let into clubs, well any good ones anyway...there are some places in town that let j.c people in but there all the dumps!! I know its annoying i did **** all for my j.c plus i had school the next day.

I'd reckon the day after the JC results come out the teachers would be slightly more... flexible with the students. Or at least I'd hope they would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Theres nothing good to do on j.c night, your too young to be let into clubs, well any good ones anyway...there are some places in town that let j.c people in but there all the dumps!! I know its annoying i did **** all for my j.c plus i had school the next day.

lol, myself included this country seems to be getting into the habit of preventing us from having any fun whatsoever. For god sake just after getting the results, you want to go out and have a bit of fun, looks like a dinner with the parents is on the agenda this year for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Says they're going ahead here.
    Rte news story
    Oh by the way, not being allowed in when you're 17 is even more annoying trust me!

grimloch wrote:
    lol
    Why must people say lo? Its so irritating! Its just one of those annoying British phrases! Please, don't EVER say it again.

Why must people say lo? Its so irritating! Its just one of those annoying British phrases! Please, don't EVER say it again.
    I don't think it's British... I think it's generally internettish...
    I just say "hehe" or whatever because when I see LOL I think of heads lolling (don't ask...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Not to worry Purple. Same thing happens me. When i am thinking of some event or situation in my head I imagine the people saying lol while they are laughing :S. God damn this internet!

• Advertisement

I don't think it's British... I think it's generally internettish...
    I just say "hehe" or whatever because when I see LOL I think of heads lolling (don't ask...).

its just an internet abbreviation, cant go typing out stuff when convenient versions are made for our benifit

I suppose......it's just i've seen it so much lately i wanna shoot anyone who says it. But I shall restrain myself.........

grimloch wrote:
    its just an internet abbreviation, cant go typing out stuff when convenient versions are made for our benifit
    True but like coconutmonkey I've seen it so much it's just turned into a word which I must then translate to mean "laughing" even though it sounds nothing at all like the sound. I mean, IRL do people say "Laugh out Loud" instead of actually laughing? It's kind of like that.

I hate it even more when it means 'lots of love' That is very annoyingly British.

I've never heard of that one. o.o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Is it true that Wesley isn't gonna be open for junior cert night? I've heard rumours.....

Is it true that Wesley isn't gonna be open for junior cert night? I've heard rumours.....

it better be open or ill know a few people that will be annoyed at not being able to go to the ''wezz''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eoin2004

Sadly true...

eoin2004 wrote:
    Sadly true...

that is a bit silly, that actually leaves nowhere for south county dublin kids to go without massive treks, unless im missing someplace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd reckon the day after the JC results come out the teachers would be slightly more... flexible with the students. Or at least I'd hope they would be.

haha, when i did the jc we were told that if we didnt come in the day after results we would be suspended

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

I've never heard of that one. o.o

Lets stop talking about"lol"...
    And as we all know, the government are out of touch.
    They're all too old.

haha, when i did the jc we were told that if we didnt come in the day after results we would be suspended
    What does that matter anyway?

What does that matter anyway?

what you mean?

what you mean?
    If they suspend your results? The JC doesn't mean anything. (Unless you're dropping out after 3rd year.)

If they suspend your results? The JC doesn't mean anything. (Unless you're dropping out after 3rd year.)

i dont mean suspend results, just suspend you from school for a few days.

Ah, not good. And stupid too. What if you were innocent and just got a cold? Pah, unfairness.

Ah, not good. And stupid too. What if you were innocent and just got a cold? Pah, unfairness.
    Well, I think that of you had a note or something, they'd let you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Soooo, If you skive off after your resuts, you get the rest of the week off as well?

Raphael wrote:
    Soooo, If you skive off after your resuts, you get the rest of the week off as well?
    Yeah, I've wondered why people think that suspension works

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:

yea, pretty good deal really.

Advertisement