Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That stupid Law that stops J. Cert Events.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

yea, pretty good deal really.

Well, the Irish education syste is the best in the world(!)

Skip one day, get off for 2 weeks absoloutley free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's like super-valu, but with longer lie-ins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

in my school they had a thing called "in school suspension" where they make you sit in the library all day by yourself doing random schoolwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Illkillya wrote:
    in my school they had a thing called "in school suspension" where they make you sit in the library all day by yourself doing random schoolwork.

now that is a punishment, sitting down doing stupid stuff all day our detention consists of writing stuff out horrible stuff altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coconutmonkey

Is it true that Wesley isn't gonna be open for junior cert night? I've heard rumours.....
    Why do you care if it isnt open? I thought you were in 2nd year......or did i make that up? Hmm..... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Why do you care if it isnt open? I thought you were in 2nd year......or did i make that up? Hmm..... :confused:
    I'm not getting my results and yet I'm posting on this thread. Just 'cause someone isn't involved as such it doesn't mean they can't care or have an interest in it.

I just realised they meant result night for the people who did it last year, who haven't gotten their results yet!!!!!!!! Oh!!! I thought they meant the current third years(me). Sorry!!!! Its just cos i hate 2nd years so much(based on the ones in my school) that everything they do i attack them for. Sorry, but what can u do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I just realised they meant result night for the people who did it last year, who haven't gotten their results yet!!!!!!!! Oh!!! I thought they meant the current third years(me). Sorry!!!! Its just cos i hate 2nd years so much(based on the ones in my school) that everything they do i attack them for. Sorry, but what can u do?

What the hell? You haven't even done the JC yet

*narky because I so failed honours maths*

Wait till wednesday, you can't be sure

No, I really did, I failed the mocks by 10% and the JC was so much harder, eveen the nerds said so. Though I did study a lot, maybe I DID scrape a pass, thank you, person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

a) I was just wondering
    b) Yeah I'm in 2nd year
    c) How'd you know that?

No, I really did, I failed the mocks by 10% and the JC was so much harder, eveen the nerds said so. Though I did study a lot, maybe I DID scrape a pass, thank you, person
    Well, I fail to see the point in getting worked up about the JC.
    40% OR 100% IT'S NOT GOING TO MATTER IN THE LONG RUN.

*I* don't care if I failed it, my family do. A lot.

a) I was just wondering
    b) Yeah I'm in 2nd year
    c) How'd you know that?
    What school are you in?

*I* don't care if I failed it, my family do. A lot.
    D'worry about it too much, If you did higher for the JC, pass for the LC should be a breeze. Years ago, the 2 courses were the same, and it hasn't changed THAT much

Exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Actually, while we're on the topic of junior certs (um...) is anyone here from kilkenny?

New Ross, not that far off

No, I'm from Dublin... but my cousins's friends cousin's Dad's uncle KNEW someone from Kilkenny.

My Dad's from Kilkenny. I support them and go to most of their matches. What a sad day...the All Ireland.

Who else is nervous about the results tomorrow? I don't get mine until 3.20. What are the rest of you doing tomorrow night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

omnicorp wrote:
    What school are you in?

Muckross, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

My Dad's from Kilkenny. I support them and go to most of their matches. What a sad day...the All Ireland.

Who else is nervous about the results tomorrow? I don't get mine until 3.20. What are the rest of you doing tomorrow night?

3.20 thats odd last year i got mine at like lunchtime maybe even earlier

doesn't look like anyone will be doing much at all tomorrow by the looks of things

I get mine at 12:35....

Raphael wrote:
    I get mine at 12:35....
    I still think it's pointless, but...
    What did everyone get?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

omnicorp wrote:
    I still think it's pointless, but...
    What did everyone get?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=187397
    People will tell when they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Shoolaboola

if the bar is shuttered and locked up its not illegal!

if the bar is shuttered and locked up its not illegal!
    Yes... exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I have something to say to the thread starter,Firstly it's not a good idea for under 18's to be drinking anyway (i suppose u think its cool to drink & get drunk)Huh no.Secondly,events can go ahead if their is no drink sold.

I have something to say to the thread starter,Firstly it's not a good idea for under 18's to be drinking anyway (i suppose u think its cool to drink & get drunk)Huh no.Secondly,events can go ahead if their is no drink sold.
    so why aen't they?

And I'm opposed to under 18's drinking...

• Advertisement

a) I was just wondering
    b) Yeah I'm in 2nd year
    c) How'd you know that?
    Because you said it in a different thread. Im not a stalker.

Advertisement