Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UO2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

What this means in real terms is that everyone who was working on UO/UO2 with the exception of the UO Support Staff have been laid off and all their projects canned. EA.com officially suck even harder than usual this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

From what I gather a lot of heads in EA itself don't even make games. They are all suits.

also confirmed here...

http://www.uo2.com/main.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

lads UO the original has still got a long life ahead of it.
    i think they were right to stop the production of UO2, i mean why kill something thay hasnt peaked?!
    UO will eventually die out but not for a long time, it is worth it at the moment to concentrate on UO. im sure the time will come eventually when they will bring out another, but for the moment, keep playing, i will.!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

UO is already dieing.
    At the moment the biggest cause of deaths is LAG.
    this has lead to some of teh mor helpfull ppl leaving(i,e the lords)
    I have also heard that they are going to increase the fees to 20 a month to get more servers which id be all for except its almost impossible to gt gametime over here.
    EA are really sucking bad,
    but hey they will alwys make another ****ign fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

We're in the mass gaming market now. Margins are narrow, the preparation is for selling less games on the PC and more on consoles (happens every generation of consoles - don't worry it will bounce back), and UO is the typical example of a business. No more development just sell the product until it's dead. There's no need to be spending all the money developing a new one. Games producers only think about the next game and new technologies, businessmen don't have that enthusiasm - they are thinking about the insanity of competiting with a current product - the idea of having support staff trained for two games rather than one etc "Economy of scale" is screaming out in warning in their heads.

With tech markets going to sh:t many big companies are closing doors and making sure they show steady profits or its game over and all your assets are belong to us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement