Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"IT Tallaght"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

just to clarify apologies to JK Eire, the gaming society we ran was for trading card games like Magic etc. and had nothing to do with Netsoc which is a good society.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

theres been a few games society over the years..
    in 2002 there was a games soc (lan games)..
    As far as i know it flopped.
    Its probably the one giblet is talking about.
    the Games soc 2003 and 2004 have been Card Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

No not the card games, ugggh. :D

I think it would be better organising a BYOPC lan somewhere rather than a Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Giblet wrote:
    Try Karting, Paintball, Football/Any sport you are interested in.

I used to run the Karting, was cheap enough and plenty of people went.

*COUGH* you were one of MY minions, and aided in MY running of the Karting Club :D

... the cheek.

Karting Club was biggest in the college after my 2 year stink, went a good few times, some more than others, the intervarsities were fantastic.

I think the lan games thing flopped as it was really done to get a few extra quid into a netcafe that didn't do games normally, and they were just trying to turn a nice profit. Pity as I say there are more and more people interested in something like that and there are good places to go.

• Advertisement

The two lan nights we had last year with netsoc were in a place called DoesNotCompute in the city centre..Its shut down now though.
    Their network was decent enough..There was no lag anyway.
    Theres one on the 15th of Oct if anyone is interested?..Somewhere in the city centre
    http://www.it-netsoc.ie/forum

Dendenz..I noticed on your profile you play badminton.
    Im helping to run the badminton soc this year..
    Training next thursday if your still in ITT??
    Free minibus to whitelhall :)

yeah I never noticed ya started again, DoesNotCompute was meant to be pretty good.

Jk_Eire get me an account for that board will ya? Will get fees sometime. (not gonna post crap) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah same here, sign me up, I'd be interested in sorting out any lans with you, I've been involved in loads. Anywhere I can pay the fee? Missed the socs day.

Ive no part in the running of the soc.
    Just a member whose being pimping the society.
    PM me your email address`s and ill give them to one of the guys who run the soc..They`ll sort you out with shell and forum accounts ASAP!!

Jaysonia is organising the next LAN..Im sure he would apreciate the help!

I think ya can sign up to the forum now anyway..

the server is down for the moment so it will be a few days before membership can be sorted out

• Advertisement
Advertisement