Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivxMovies.com

• 10-09-2004 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

http://www.divxmovies.com

Hi,
    Forgive me if this is the wrong forum.
    I came across this site the other day. Has anyone ever downloaded from them before? Is it legal to download from them even though I'm in Ireland. For $20 once off fee (unlimited downloading) it could be a bargain...??

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    ambrose :cool:

EDIT: Hmm on a closer look, I think they're only selling you some P2P software. Could be wrong though.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I dunno dude. If it's unlimited how can they be paying the royalties due to Film companies? LIke say they get a dollar a download....unlimited is gonna pass €20 pretty damn fast. Sounds dodgy.

Thanks for the link so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Terms and conditions
    Your membership is personal and may not be assigned or transferred to anyone. Sharing or distributing usernames or passwords will result in immediate termination of service.

You understand that what you pay for is our exclusively written guides, software reviews, and technical support. We make no claim to ownership or proprietary interest in any of the websites or software we recommend. We do not offer any movie downloads at our web site in any form. We simply show you what programs to use, and how to install, configure and use the programs to find and download movies.

The programs covered in our guides are 100% legal to use, but they can be used for illegal purposes. Please keep in mind that you are responsible for your conduct and for ensuring that it complies with all applicable copyrights and intellectual property rights. We recommend that you don't share any files when using the programs.

Distributing, publishing or reproducing any information found inside in part or whole is strictly prohibited. All content is copyright protected.

Technical support is limited to problems which are directly related to the information covered in our guides.

Your membership entitles you to unlimited access to our guides how to find and download movies with free updates as long as the site is online and the members section is accepting new members.

We reserve the right to cancel your membership if you don't follow the terms and conditions.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Heh. 0W-nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I'm sure its as respectable and reputable as threedollardvd.com :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Haha,
    I tried to find the link to the T&C's but couldn't see it. Must be tired.

Thought it might have been something along the lines of allofmp3.com

Ah well. Thanks :D

ambrose :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

They are selling info on how to use p2p applications there is nothing illegal about that.
    Considering the info is freely available elsewhere to pay for it is rather stupid.
    Basically they are just ripping off the stupid and ignorant, hardly original but very lucrative I'm sure.

Advertisement