Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's actually playing what ?

• 02-04-2001 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of retring a mmrpg and was just wondering who playing what. Plus any suggestions, you know my playing style smile.gif

Also would anyone be on for playing a online game of either baldurs gate or vampire ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Well Reverend, as far as mmrpg's go, I've not had very good experiences. Ultima Online has a strong backstory, decent quests and good roleplayers- the reason no one plays it is because of the poxy graphics and jerky gameplay. That stops all except the Ultima fans who still remember the GLORY that was Ultima VII (yours truly included).

As for Everquest...opinion is divided. I find Everquest too acquisitive, more based in truth around items than plots or story-quests, the life-blood of any good rpg. And of course, on PK servers, you're left looking left and right EVERY time you zone out of a good quest area. And the less said about the classes, the better. It's well constructed how they work together, but classes are waaaaaay too specialized- especially at higher levels. A lack of realism, plus masses of people screaming auctions and prices at you puts me off EQ more than I can say. But the thousands who play it can't *all* be wrong.

As for that game of Baldur's gate...you're on! I love that game- still play it, and BGII of course. Planescape was probably a better game in truth, but the Forgotten Realms setting was just too good to pass up a second time...

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Vici est Infinitum=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

baldurs gate imo opinion isnt good on the net, unless you know all the people you are playing with.

the only way to enjoy bg on the net is with friends so u can load up where u left off the last time and u all know whats happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

BG2 owns online, its just sweet playing 1 char alone and not having to worry about the other 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

>Ultima Online has a strong backstory, decent quests and good roleplayers-

Are you sure it was Ultima Online you were playing?

What decent quests? What strong backstory (OSI have been known to break thier own fiction) and good roleplayers?

I'm playing Asherons Call. They have new quests, dungeons, items, monsters every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've been thinking of giving Asherons Call a go, depends on how much time I have after t2 arrives smile.gif

btw if anyone does want to start a bg2 night I'd be on for it.

• Advertisement

You will probably have zero time when you get T2 smile.gif

But if you do start up I play on Solclaim. Look for "Mira de Vorsha" or "Mira ibn Shafina".

The way magic works is very different to other games. You have to research spells. Likewise with some of the trade skills. You have to figure out combinations to make special items.

id be on for a bg2 campaign, first of all i have to finish icewind dale though, then ill get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

If you like Diablo 2, It is kick ass on battle.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Got UO free on the PC Gamer cover-mount DVD a couple of months ago.

Didn't really mean to stick with it for more than the free 15days but it kinda got me hooked.

IMHO, the graphics are quite endearing when you get u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ive been thinking about UO and decided to stop playing it because i just couldnt handle the fact that i died more than half the times because of lag.

• Advertisement

He should of paged a GM to get a couple of 100 people banned so the lag was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Still play a bit of EQ,

Was gettin tired of it for a while, but have got to the end game levels ... so I'll hang in a bit longer.

To be honest I am looking for something new, but I think I will avoid MMORPG's ... they're fun but once is enough.

Think what I'd like is a less commitment orientated action/strategy type RPG. Still looking though.

JAK.

maybe u just sucked at it?

Advertisement