Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU/boards meet up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

dcu students aren't supposed to be signed in. just go across the road to the slipper. They prolly will let u in if you have id (read: passport, drivers license or garda id), again that depends on how intelligent the door staff are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I support the Slipper idea. Bouncers are normally fairly sound, and as the majority of us will have ID, they'll hopefully let the rest in! I've never even been checked myself, usually they just wave you in.

I won't be around for orientation week (getting orientated with Maynooth instead!) but anytime after that is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

if your about town on thursday 23rd, check out the sugar club on leeson street, ex-dcu band, Kid Icarus are playing... doors 8pm, €10 in..

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

.. Bouncers are normally fairly sound ..

haha :D I dont think so.
    I've garda id and got stopped getting into a pub in Dublin. They said it was over 20s aswell and lucky enough my friend's friend knew the bouncer and got me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

He's talking about a specific pub across the road from DCU Patrick, not pubs in general.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Like it even matters people!!

We can meet up somewhere else if we's gotta. And we do. SO, some genius suggest somewhere obvious for us lost first years, and then we can worry bout clubs and socs day later. Please. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The empty fountain between spar and the CA building...in the middle of the grass loike. Well obivous. Make a sign for heads to wear on back also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

/me makes signs.

Sounds like a plan. Do first years think they can manage getting there? Does Wednesday suit people? I think that's the one day EVERYONE is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Nah! can't make wednesday, I have me debs of tuesday night and I'll be lucky to make thursday.

I have my debs on thursday. Lol, hmm. Maybe we should just leave it for ONE meet up at clubs and socs day then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Everyone's in on Tuesday, why not then?

Tuesday's as good as any I think

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

CU@LAN

..tuesday.

CuLT wrote:
    CU@LAN

..tuesday.
    n1 n8!!
    gg wp hf etc!
    Also...have we set a time for this hoedown? Tuesday is a bit vague :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

hoedown!!!! i LOVE hoedowns!!, theyre like cuntry and western dance offs. And most of us know how much im into my dance offs. Wish i could make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Pfft. Doesn't beat a good nerd-off though.

spoon wrote:
    Wish i could make it.
    Why can't you make it ?

phaxx wrote:
    Pfft. Doesn't beat a good nerd-off though.
    But nerd-off sounds obscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

We sometimes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Judging by some of phreak and sionnach's carry-on during last year, that comment is more than true.

Sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

don't make me bring up gay chicken nakey...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'll go for beers any day if you get people to join the women's rugby club :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

neGev wrote:
    Why can't you make it ?

because ill be in limerick, working. I finish at the end of the week tho.
    So another box social in negev's in two weeks!

I may be in around the Hub and stuff tomorrow (Tuesday) doing pimpage of the rugby if ye spot me come say hi!

I'm gonna be there tomorrow....MAD!

I am here RIGHT NOW!

I'm in a net café just coming from there!!! Agh.

Didn't meet anyone anywhere. SO dissapointing.

AND at out "met students" dealio, NO ONE VOLUNTEERED, so, we just sat there for a while and then, went to the bar. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Just got back, Didnt notice anyone that fitted the 6 foot and skinny build, wel I did but there was numerous instances!!

Ye class seems pretty cool, guess I havent seen everyong tho with people being away and what not or repeats skipping orientation.

I just want my timetable tomory.

I was all over the place today stickin' up posters and handing out flyers.
    Was around the Hub for ages this morning.

Should be about tomorrow and Thursday too.

Enjoy the BBQ anyone who goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

If only we knew about this BBQ before today that would ahve been ideal for a meetup.

Advertisement