Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD/BOARDS. "meeting"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Well a cross College Beers would be interesting at some stage, but i think the first few should be TCD only :) let us get acquainted with each other first then we'll get acquainted with you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Aye, I agree it's a good idea but leave it a while yet..

Aw man, poxy resits.. Makes me ache for beer. Gotta lot of drinkin to do after. Last day of zams fri 24th (rocketin day in the pav if ur lookin for a good nites atmosphere btw), mates 21st the next wednesday, friday is results nite. If I pass I'll probably die of alcohol poisoning. then theres freshers week and another 21st. 1st day of term is also a must to drink on. BON-A-FIDE alcoholic here people, but dinna stop me cos I like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

at least ur honest i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MacXP_Irl

I'm going to freak you all out now and say I don't drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I'm so amazed and astounded that I've lost my appetite and also the will to live.

• Advertisement

MacXP_Irl wrote:

Das coo'. :D
    Just as long as you're not one of them people I've monikered "sober snobs". As soon as ya get the slightest bit tipsy this type of person develops a superior and bored air about them. They refuse to listen to anyone's drunken rants and make imperceptible shakes of their head when anyone displays signs of intoxication...

I HATE THESE PEOPLE..
    If you can buzz along, laugh and enjoy the atmosphere though then you are ok in my books.. 'slong as I'm not the only one drinkin of course cos then I just won't have more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

MacXP_Irl wrote:
    meh that just makes u in the majority of the tps, well majority is a bit of an exaduration, but plenty of people with similar views.........

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I'm so amazed and astounded that I've lost my appetite and also the will to live.

Lol funny

Lol shock to the system eh?
    I'm not really a big drinker, bit of a light weight but dont worry apex im not one of "those" ppl lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I likes drink too.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

So there's such thing as people who don't drink? :O

bit of a father jack moment there lol

pekelly wrote:
    I likes drink too.....

Me too! Hopefully ill have some later.

I'm not much of a heavy drinker myself however I do enjoy getting locked every now and then. My biggest fear would be trying to get home while beered up. I don't think a bus driver would appreciate that too much. I was at some guys 18th a while back and after 7ish cans I started taking all his family pictures off the walls and stacking them at the door as souvenirs. I think I turn into a bit of a kleptomaniac while drunk

going out?

Lol @ Precarious and his souvenirs. The bus drivers are used to drunk people. Obviously you haven't gotten a nightlink home from town. Its an experience.

Chick: Im going to a film and maybe the pub after. I usually go out on a saturday night. I'll probably go to town tomorrow.

Only ever got the nightlink home from town once. Once was enough lol, this idiot started calling everyone names, saying he was better than everyone else cos he had been drinking in the members bar in Lillies, he was such a prat.
    Have a good night David, supposed to be going out 4 my friends 19th but she cancelled so im stuck in.... zzzzz

Chick wrote:
    Only ever got the nightlink home from town once. Once was enough lol, this idiot started calling everyone names, saying he was better than everyone else cos he had been drinking in the members bar in Lillies, he was such a prat.
    Have a good night David, supposed to be going out 4 my friends 19th but she cancelled so im stuck in.... zzzzz

Lol somethin always happens. If your not drunk its quite shocking. If you're drunk its fun.

nah to be honest i wasnt really that shocked, id been at an 18th so maybe that explains it lol. a few people got really offended but i was just laughin at him! it was a had-to-be-there moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

MacXP: I'm arriving in two weeks' time, any interest in forming a Trinity Teetotallers' Society? There could be dry parties and alcohol-free free refreshments. Attractive or what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

article6 wrote:
    I'm arriving in two weeks' time, any interest in forming a Trinity Teetotallers' Society? There could be dry parties and alcohol-free free refreshments. Attractive or what.

Not a bad idea actually. I'll talk to some people.

Article6... you were bein sarcastic right? It sounded like it to me.
    David19 wrote:
    Obviously you haven't gotten a nightlink home from town. Its an experience.

I don't know how many times I've got the nitelink home.. It's always an experience when you can remember it.. Last time a chap got very agressive and tried to hit me cos I took a picture of him and told him he was gonna be in a magazine (I don't know why!). His fist just brushed off my hair and he fell on his ass with his own momentum. His mates dragged him back to his seat. It musn't have bothered me too much at the time cos I proceded to have a very loud, very uninformed conversation with a very drunk 50ish business man about george dubbya. It woulda been semi-normal thinking back on it cept that he was like 10 seats ahead of me and the bus was packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

i had many a weird experience getting the old train back home to kildare of a nite time.....there are real freaks out there. there was one incidence where some middle aged bloke started taking photos of everyone in the carriage on his mobile- needless to say we were quite freaked out :eek:

havent experienced the nitelink yet but i shall put on my list of things to do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The Fightlink is the best fun ever :D going on it sober sucks but pissed off your mind its like the funniest thing ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

crash_000 wrote:
    The Fightlink is the best fun ever :D going on it sober sucks but pissed off your mind its like the funniest thing ever :D

I think it's class in any state of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

nitelink never fails to entertain, it is alot better when you're off your face though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Niloc

Hi! Ive just joined and im already liken the place. This talk of drinking has me very intrested.but is this only for triners students, coz I go to iadt Dun Laoghaire.

Niloc wrote:
    Hi! Ive just joined and im already liken the place. This talk of drinking has me very intrested.but is this only for triners students, coz I go to iadt Dun Laoghaire.

Ah ya poor craychur...
    Well this board, though not by any means exclusively for trinity students, does base the majority of its topics on tcd related matters.. There won't be much you can relate to (bar the drinking and studying of things in general). But why limit yourself to this board? I certainly don't. There are 470 other boards on this site, ya canna tell me that at least 10 don't catch your interest???

Have a browse mate... Though you're welcome to post anytime here too :D

Pmsl@aphex!
    Oh sorry to get a bit back to topic guys, but Ive just realised that ive to be in at 10.00am on my first day and not 1.00pm.... didnt see that in all my excitement wen all the info came in the post lol. So im in D'Olier St 10am-4pm can i still come to our meeting, that is assuming that itll actually happen?

• Advertisement

I'm sure we'll all still be hanging around. But, I hate to tell everyone at 1pm we'll all BE MISSING THE LIBRARY TOURS!!!

Advertisement