Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD/BOARDS. "meeting"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

You won't be missing much

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

John2 wrote:
    You won't be missing much

Its worth going to them at least just to find out where your library is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Easy John, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it,.. well maybe a little. I'll probably cry a bit too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Niloc

Yeah yeah. Cut the newbe sum slack. I was just intrested in finding out what clubs and socs yous were entering and if you were starting any yourselves, when all this talk of drinking took all my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

David19 wrote:
    Its worth going to them at least just to find out where your library is.

It's nothing you can't get off the website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

very true, i dont think its really worth going to unless you want to spend every last moment in the library- i didnt really go there till the last term and had pretty much forgotten what that tour had said by that stage anyway

John2 wrote:

True but its easier just to go to it in freshers week. Take the oppurtunity when its there. Also don't you do it with people from your class? You might get talking to one or two of them.

Also don't you do it with people from your class? You might get talking to one or two of them.
    didnt think of that... oh i dunno anymore- think ill have to be neutral on this one

My time has yet to be decided anyway so I doubt it will be Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

yeah, ive no time set for mine either so not sure when itll be on. but i think i might tag along, could be useful. even if just to get talking to ppl like david said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

In fairness if you're going to the library thing to meet people then I think you're a bit weird.. There are a million and one better things to do on freshers week that involve the "meeting" of people outside your course.. IMHO the library tour is a complete waste of time, it's not rocket science like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ApeXaviour wrote:
    In fairness if you're going to the library thing to meet people then I think you're a bit weird.. There are a million and one better things to do on freshers week that involve the "meeting" of people outside your course.. IMHO the library tour is a complete waste of time, it's not rocket science like..

It takes five minutes, and is kinda effortless to do. Also saves hassel later on.

Boston wrote:
    It takes five minutes, and is kinda effortless to do. Also saves hassel later on.

Exactly. I don't know why the debate, its very short and easy.

goin 2 the lib to meet ppl? lol ok what do you take me for! this damn tour sounds like more hassle than its worth :D

this is getting weirder by the second... id say if you want to go on the tour then go on it, its your own decision at the end of the day!

You might not go on the tour cos the info's on the site, but how often will you be browsing the library website? Its easier in the short and long-run i'd say just to go to the library tours, will save hassle later on in the year imo

The libary tour is a great place to pick up hot chicks. It's where I get all my pootang.

If it says your time is undecided who do you ask to get the proper time?

If it says your time is undecided who do you ask to get the proper time?

Doesn't matter, just do it when you reg.

yep mine says that too. great place to pick up hot chicks -shame on you boston!

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter, just do it when you reg
    yeah you can pick up the tour from outside the exam hall after you register and theyll take you to your relevant library

oh cool ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

show me the drink and all them nurses!

can someone please tell me honestly why is there such a big deal made about student nurses? theyre just the same as any other girl studying in trinity! theres thousands of lovely girls that arent nurses. And im sure not all student nurses arent all nice friendly ppl either. But still the minute i say it to someone, they change. whats the deal??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

There is no big deal in reality. It's more of a stereotype that's lingered from gone ages. Student nurses were predominantly female, notoriously promiscuous and their old uniforms were, well just pure quality..

For older people there is a similar stereotype for nurses in general..

But in reality I hardly see any of them (a few were in my class in school) as they are rarely on campus..

Mmmm students nurses.... ;)

Yeah as apexaviour said its just a stereotype. There's no real difference between student nurses and girls in other courses.

Hmm ok then. Dont think I'll live up to that stereotype lol. well youll see for yourselves anyway when you meet me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

Chick wrote:
    can someone please tell me honestly why is there such a big deal made about student nurses? theyre just the same as any other girl studying in trinity! theres thousands of lovely girls that arent nurses. And im sure not all student nurses arent all nice friendly ppl either. But still the minute i say it to someone, they change. whats the deal??

we're a little deprived of members of the opposite sex in the course that i am in, it cant be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Chick wrote:
    She's got everything I need
    Pharmacy keys
    She's falling hard for me
    I can see it in her eyes
    She acts just like a nurse
    With all the other guys...

• Advertisement

vinks wrote:
    we're a little deprived of members of the opposite sex in the course that i am in, it cant be helped.

which is?

Advertisement