Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD/BOARDS. "meeting"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

Chick wrote:
    which is?

high performance computing (its a mixture of maths/tp/computing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

lol yeah, i can where you'd have a problem there

yes its a major problem when you are a wheato bag of hormones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

Just found this forum today but thought I'd better register since everyone already seems to be familiar with each other. Cant wait to see this famous 'Pav,' and get a few pints in. Are there many people here stayin in the Halls at dartry?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Welcome to the Trinity forum Haunter.

• Advertisement

David19 wrote:
    Welcome to the Trinity forum Haunter.
    thanks
    I forgot to point out the fact that Im a male, or I was last time I checked, seeing as the screen name is slightly ambiguous...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Haunter wrote:
    thanks
    I forgot to point out the fact that Im a male, or I was last time I checked, seeing as the screen name is slightly ambiguous...
    I'm not staying in Dartry, but I think it's the duty of anyone who is to accommodate boggers after nights out on the piss. :D

Hiya haunter, nah i wouldve thought you were a boy, even though youve no av yet. David how come you dont have one either, I just noticed that!
    What are you studying haunter?

Pet wrote:
    I'm not staying in Dartry, but I think it's the duty of anyone who is to accommodate boggers after nights out on the piss. :D
    Why, I thought that went without saying... :D
    Chick wrote:
    What are you studying haunter?
    Hi, I'm doing BA Eng/Hist. And you're studying to become a nurse right? Whereabouts you from? I'm from Derry.

BTW, how much does your ave pint cost in Dublin?

BTW, how much does your ave pint cost in Dublin?

Too much. If you're talking around drinking outside college, then get used to spending around €4.50 (depending on where you go)

Guinness is cheaper but how much cheaper depends again where you go

• Advertisement

Dublin Haunter.

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
    Too much. If you're talking around drinking outside college, then get used to spending around €4.50 (depending on where you go)

Guinness is cheaper but how much cheaper depends again where you go
    Oh my God! (a la Janice in Friends)

Here, pints are basically all £2.20 (about 3E, and if you go to Wetherspoons, you can get a pint of Guinness £1.80 (about 2.50E)

guess youd better get saving then lol!

Chick wrote:
    guess youd better get saving then lol!
    Save?! Never heard the word ;)

Haunter wrote:
    Save?! Never heard the word ;)
    That's the spirit!!

Pet wrote:
    That's the spirit!!
    I can see I'm going to fit in just fine. :p

Haunter wrote:
    I can see I'm going to fit in just fine. :p
    You just can't fully experience the joys of student life unless you're completely and utterly broke. Scrounging money is half the fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

it's not fun at all!

think id rather go without that kinda "fun" lol

gingerman's a jug of beer for 12E (about 3 or 4 pints) its good homebrew stuff too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

there's this pub down near christchurch, used to be called handels, guinness pints 3euro, others 3.50 ... and other drinks well priced... nice spot as well, trendy enuf too.. well worth the journey!

oh and i think you'll see an increasing trend this year of reduced price beer etc. in pubs... i think it's already beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

did you guys hear bout the gardai wanting to close pubs/clubs by 1:30 in the morning...they better not bring that in, thats when the night only gets started normally :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Yeah blackcanvas its crazy isn't it? In the end of the day all it'll mean is people will go out an hour or two earlier. I don't think it will change the drinking culture here. Thats if it comes in. We'll find out tomorrow.

1.30 am? Youre right canvas thats wen it does start to get going. i wouldnt dream of leaving normally at 1.30! at this rate well be going out at 7.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

it college, you can go out at 11am..... off to the pav around lunch or before and well keep going for the day :)

SkyLynx wrote:
    it college, you can go out at 11am..... off to the pav around lunch or before and well keep going for the day :)
    Would you get into trouble if you were drunk at a lecture?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Not unless you were shouting or disturbing people in which case you'd just be asked to leave... It's very much unlike school. It's difficult for school leavers to understand but you're treated as an adult.
    Discipline is only for academic (eg plagiarism) or security infringement.

Funny story:
    Even with my purely apathetic participation in my group's SF chemistry project we got to the final. In this four groups basically get to present their projects to all the esteemed department heads, professors, post-grads etc..
    The setting: a small enough lecture hall in the old chemistry building around 4pm. I had been drinking since 12 when the pav opened. Nice and tipsy, fell asleep during most of the other presentations and the head of the department's speech. Apparently at one stage I was snoring too.. Got a nudge by some girl beside me who proceeded to try and hurt me with her scowl. Alcohol is a great defense from these people and I merely nudged her back thinking it was a game..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

hehe that is funny :D
    i have a similar story myself, except i was that girl and my damn friend was the drunk one.....it was in a timoney lecture in that big theatre in the arts block, and we were sitting right at the back, dead centre....i can remember timoney scowling at us, oh the embarrassment at the time! (it was only one week into lectures in jf michaelmas term, so i hadnt really settled in that that stage :rolleyes: ) actually thinking back that was one hilarious day.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Funny story:
    Even with my purely apathetic participation in my group's SF chemistry project we got to the final. In this four groups basically get to present their projects to all the esteemed department heads, professors, post-grads etc..
    The setting: a small enough lecture hall in the old chemistry building around 4pm. I had been drinking since 12 when the pav opened. Nice and tipsy, fell asleep during most of the other presentations and the head of the department's speech. Apparently at one stage I was snoring too.. Got a nudge by some girl beside me who proceeded to try and hurt me with her scowl. Alcohol is a great defense from these people and I merely nudged her back thinking it was a game..
    Ahhh yeah i was at that the year before, me sister was in it, loved the free wine after it, put away wayyy tooo much wine ;)

• Advertisement

so it seems pretty relaxed in college then !

Advertisement