Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubs and Socs in DCU

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

blondie83 wrote:
    If I go up to the lady in the the socities office to join there will she put me on their mailing list for events, or should I try and contact them some other way?

She should definitely be able to give you their contact details. I *think* she'll only add you to their mailing list if you join (by paying her).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

markpb wrote:
    She should definitely be able to give you their contact details. I *think* she'll only add you to their mailing list if you join (by paying her).

I have Japanese socs contact details because I am their SPC rep for the year, so if anyone wants them they can PM me. If you go to sobhan Maguire in the Clubs and Socs office all she will do is add you to their mailing list, but I don't think that she has any contact details for the society as noone knew they were alive until clubs and socs day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

now now ladies
    and well done pokersoc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Dr. Bill

I got this site on redbrick .... www.eurobilltracker.com Its damn addictive!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

I joined the Fencing club but never registered as I had to run to a lecture. Does that mean I'm not officially down on the books?

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

you'll be on their records but not the SCC records. you can still register if you have your little white slip, if not contact the club to give your details to the ppl in clubs and socs and it shouldnt be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

All you have to do is go up to the clubs and socs area and ask for Ruth.Explain that you have paid.If you dont have your white alip she may say that you have to pay again but she will register you for the society you want to join :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

Thanks. Still have my little white slip. I try to make it down tomorrow.

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So who is the chairperson of your gaming society? Myself and a few others run a successful gaming soc in carlow IT.I am trying to organise some type of competition with other colleges. So, could someone get in contact with me with some details? oh,and what nights do ye run gamesoc?

He is Zyox on these here boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Ok, thanks I will get in touvh with him .suppose you couldn't give me info, like what nights you play, where you play, games you play? Any info at all would be appreciated...

http://games.redbrick.dcu.ie/

All the info will be here on there site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cool, I'm the Secretary for Games Soc. We got your mail so expect a response soon... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

scoey wrote:
    Well they didn't really have "the cheek to show up again"as such, since the people who ran the society last year are now on their year abroad in Japan, so this year it's being run by different people who were pretty much as annoyed as you by the fact that last years people did nothing.

As for joining the Anime and Manga Society instead... if what you're interested in is just watching a few anime shows a week, then yeah, you'd be much better off with them, since I'm fairly sure the Japanese society haven't really got any intention of showing much anime.

I totally agree with you about the guys that ran the Japanese society last year though. They must have organised about 3 things at most throughout the whole year(I think there was a fourth event but when people showed up they were told to go home because the guy who's apartment it was in hadn't been informed....) So yeah, they sucked, this years people are making assurances that they'll be making much more of an effort though.

Yeah, we got completely destroyed by the reputation of last year's Japsoc carrying over. Had to do some fairly major hounding to get people to join. (Yeah, that was me waving the "FREE TRIP TO JAPAN" sign.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭micromegas

Raz wrote:
    During my time in ye olde DCU I've been quite active in the clubs and socs around the place. I just thought I'd add a few words (and some personal ego boosting!)

Filmsoc
    These guys are great. Especially if you're on campus Res. When I started they showed 2 movies on a Thursday night in the T101 lecture theatre. Quite recent releases aswell. They were showing stuff before it came out on video which was cool. I think they might have upped it to 2 nights a week but I'm not sure.

I'll be joining this in the spring!

Advertisement