Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember "Alternate Reality"?

Options
  • 13-04-2001 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

It was a legend game! I remember playing it on my Atari ST many many years ago.It was a roleplaying game of course,but the story was that you were abducted by aliens and then set loose in other dimension,in which various monsters existed.I remeber at the intro I had no idea how to skip it,couldn't find the button,and so every time I wanted to play I had to mash the keyboard with both hands on it hehe.At the beginning of the game you walked through a gateway over which various numbers were rotating and this assigned you your characteristic values for Strength,Charisma,Intelligence,Dexterity etc.
    When you got into the city,you were faced with a host of different stores,such as banks,blacksmiths,hotels,taverns etc.It was so atmospheric,despite the dodgy first person graphics.You needed to get a hotel to sleep in for the nights coz after dark all the really hard monsters came out,including wizards of different sorts.Combat was lethally hard,especially coz wepaons were ridiculously expensive,and with your bare hands you were wasting your time.You had to work to get your gold,which I thought was ingenius at the time,depending on your cgaracters skills you got different jobs,like if your character was crap you'd probably only get work as a dishwasher! Stil it payed,and kept u off the streets at night.You could get better jobs like being a porter in a hotel if your strenght and charisma was high.
    Anyone remember it?! I'd love an update biggrin.gif

Comments

Advertisement