Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50 cent at Reading - the video! :)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

1: The records are sealed so you don't know that at all.

Hands up who both missed the point and contradicted themselves. Kurt was a scumbag ex-drugdealer who glorified violence
    Bwwwaaaahhaaahhaa

Moron.

1: Liberal tree hugger types DONT THROW BOTTLES AT PEOPLE FOR NO REASON. That's one of the things that makes them "tree huggers".

1: show me the evidence that kurt cobain was a drug dealer. Show me the proof i.e police arrest sheet for drug dealing. Go ahead, ill be right here waiting on the edge of my seat.
    Maybe if youd done any kind of research at all you know francis was born perfectly healthy.
    2. Also show me where kurt sang songs about pimping women, (P.I.M.P) selling drugs (In da club "i got the X if youre into taking drugs") and maybe youll get it into your head why rock/indie fans would bottle a scumbag like 50 and not a 'scumbag' like cobain.
    3. They didnt throw stuff for NO REASON. You idiot, they threw stuff because they WERE OFFENDED BY 50'S HOMOPHOBIC, VIOLENT, MISOGYNISTIC LYRICS. Durrrrrrrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Deadwing wrote:
    3. They didnt throw stuff for NO REASON. You idiot, they threw stuff because they WERE OFFENDED BY 50'S HOMOPHOBIC, VIOLENT, MISOGYNISTIC LYRICS. Durrrrrrrrrrr.

thats a load of bull to be honest. they bottled him cos they dont like his music and his not a rocker simple as that.

also even if they did throw bottles because they dont belive in the content in his lyrics they re still scumbags. What if it was bricks they threw? would you still think that was acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Deadwing wrote:
    1: show me the evidence that kurt cobain was a drug dealer. Show me the proof i.e police arrest sheet for drug dealing. Go ahead, ill be right here waiting on the edge of my seat.
    Maybe if youd done any kind of research at all you know francis was born perfectly healthy.
    2. Also show me where kurt sang songs about pimping women, (P.I.M.P) selling drugs (In da club "i got the X if youre into taking drugs") and maybe youll get it into your head why rock/indie fans would bottle a scumbag like 50 and not a 'scumbag' like cobain.

And now your reasons why these same people bottles The Rasmus???
    I mean surely these people don't have a problem with this inoffensive pop-rock band, when it comes to their morals anyway, surely??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Those of you who think this sort of treatment is acceptable should be tied to a tree and stoned. Who gives a **** what his lyrics are about? If somebody has a story to tell be it in rap/rock/a story book whatever - let them tell it. It is up to you whether you like it or share it or whatever.

Deadwing you are seriously full of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

There's a part of me that says it's completely unacceptable, and to be honest, I've never boo'ed any group at any event I've been at. I remember something about Funeral For A Friend getting a nasty reception supporting Iron Maiden last year, and while I certainly didn't like the band, and thought they were one of the worst bands that could've been picked to support maiden, I was off up the entrance of the venue chatting with m8s, or getting a drink.

Still... When I hear of things like this, 50 Cent, The Rasmus or Daphne And Celest at Reading, Slipknot at Fury Fest, or just about anything else you'd care to mention, there's a part of me that says they got exactly what they deserve for churning out such ****e.

cheesedude wrote:
    Those of you who think this sort of treatment is acceptable should be tied to a tree and stoned. Who gives a **** what his lyrics are about? If somebody has a story to tell be it in rap/rock/a story book whatever - let them tell it. It is up to you whether you like it or share it or whatever.

Deadwing you are seriously full of ****.

whocares5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Deadwing wrote:

1: Read Heavier than Heaven pp240-241. Frances was held in hospital for "observation" for almost a week, AFTER skag lady had been discharged. Rapid detox of a baby can be done in 24 hours, but the baby needs monitoring afterward.
    NB: as a father, I can tell you that babies are never held in hospital for observation for no reason, especially not without a parent present. Kurt also brought a gun into the hospital as part of a suicide pact with Courtney, was in detox in the same hospital, and overdosed the day after she was born.

Heavier than heaven, pp47: Kurt sexually abuses a retarded girl and only escapes conviction because the girl can't pick him out of the high school yearbook.

Good enough for you? Sound like someone who should be bottled?

Since you have given up "proving" your point, how about an alternative explanation: 50 was bottled for not being white. Once one bottle is thrown, other people join in because they're morons. In fact, you have no idea why 50 was bottled - for that you'd have to know the motivations of the first bottle throwers. My hypothesis is that the bottlers are assholes. Since only assholes throw bottles, I'm right.

I also bet one other thing - if you put each of the courageous bottle throwers in a room with 50 Cent, I bet they'd suddenly decide violence is not the solution. They're all very moral and courageous in a big anonymous crowd I'm sure.

I have read heavier than heaven, kurt ATTEMPTED to but never went through with having sex with the retarded girl. Dont try and bend the facts to suit your case.
    Frances was kept for observation, nowhere does it say because she was a smack baby. Most babies nowadays would be kept for observation.

50 was bottled for not being white?? Oh dear jesus...what kind of a retard are you?? How many times have black artists played mainly rock festivals?? James brown played the english festival circuit i dont know how many times and never got bottled. The new lead singer of sepultura is black, theres countless black artists at these things! Youre just a moron with no credible argument (i.e 'only assholes throw bottles' wow, how much scientific research went into that one professor??) so now youre playing the race card cause youve nothing else to back up your pathetic '50 got bottled cause the crowd are all n*gger hating, rock lovin white power fascists' argument.

The stupidity of some people on these boards boggles the mind. I mean how did you even get the brain power to turn on a computer, let alone use the internet???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I dont think he was suggesting that (being black) as an actual reason (though somebody else mentioned it earlier), more so that it was as meaningless as most of the other reasons, and that for the most part there was no reason for throwing the bottles other than that the people doing it thought it was a bit of craic and didn't particularly give a **** about the thought of hurting somebody especially when that somebody was a performer that they had no interest in seeing.

And two thumbs up to Kurt for trying but failing to have sex with a retarded girl. As a fan of Nirvana, i'd still love to see him alive and well and playing Reading, I wouldn't be ****ing bottles at him, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

As I said in the thread linked above ... I was at Reading this year and there was talk online about what sort of reception 50cent was going to get for weeks in advance as well as all through the weekend at the festival.

He knew hed be bottled by being there, the promoters knew hed be bottled and the crowd knew that they "should" bottle.

He Knew: 50s crew brought their own bottles for the purpose of bottling the crowd (you can see them throwing them at the start in the video). Two days before he had got the same reception in Leeds however he was able to sway the crowd and complete his set.

They Knew: If you read the Reading program there is excessive mention to bottling of past acts made and its dubbed "a Reading tradition". The promoters knew full well what was going to happen.

We Knew: 50 Cent had overreacted to being bottled in a gig before Reading and Reading had a tradition of bottling. It doesnt take a genuis to stick those pieces of information together and come up with "lets bottle 50cent". Check the dates on this thead and the articles linked http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=29787&hl=how+long+will+he+last

I find people who throw bottles to be idiotic but to expect a festival crowd not to rise to such bait and to effectively challenge them by showing up when the crowd knew what was "expected" of them is also idiotic. As such I had no qualms to laugh at what was a truly funny moment.

Well done Lodgepole, for being able to parse a sentance, unlike our friend Deadwing here. I'm not suggesting 50 was bottled for being black. I'm suggesting any reasoning why an artist "should" be bottled is bull****, and that people who throw bottles are assholes. Don't believe me? I'll organise for you to stand at the top of O'Connell St. one night, have hundreds of people throw bottles at YOU and see if you don't think that bottle throwers are assholes.

1: Sexual abuse does not necessarily involve full penetration. And again, my point is Kurt is no saint either. I'll say that again since you still don't understand: Kurt is no better, or worse, than 50 Cent. But one gets bottled and another doesn't.
    2: Did I mention I was a father? Read it again, dimwit. I'm telling you for a fact they DONT keep babies in for no reason. In fact, even if you have a ceasarean, they kick you out after a couple of days. Unless the kid is premature by more than a month, or mother or baby is in intensive care, you are out of hospital within 3 days, guaranteed. Post-Natal care is done in the home nowadays. Don't believe me? Have some kids, if your balls have dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

edit: by that logic, when there was a riot at Woodstock 99 and lots of girls got raped, they "deserved" it because the rapists were forced into it and the girls should have known not to get caught up in a riot with a bunch of drunken scum in the first place, right?
    Sounds like 50 Cent's kind of crowd tbh. The scum deserve each other.

Nirvana was the very antithesis of 50 Cent. On Nevermind's cover, a baby in a pool chases a dollar bill on a fish hook, 50 Cent calls an album Get Rich Or Die Trying.

On the liner notes for Incesticide Kurt Cobain wrote - "At this point I have a request for our fans. If any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of different color, or women, please do this one favor for us - leave us the f**k alone! Don't come to our shows and don't buy our records."

What's Mr.Cent's message to hip hop fans? - compositions like "F**k Dat Bitch."

50 was bottled for not being white.
    I'm not suggesting 50 was bottled for being black

So let me get this straight. He WASNT bottled for being black as you just said, he was bottled for not being white? If you dont start making more sense id suggest someone put you in a home.

Way to contradict yourself numbnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Deadwing wrote:
    So let me get this straight. He WASNT bottled for being black as you just said, he was bottled for not being white? If you dont start making more sense id suggest someone put you in a home.

i think its you who needs to be put in a home, you seem to be a few tins short of a 6pack

Deadwing wrote:

Quoting out of context isn't an argument.

• Advertisement

i think its you who needs to be put in a home, you seem to be a few tins short of a 6pack

If i wanted to listen to an asshole, id fart.
    Lodgepole wrote:
    Quoting out of context isn't an argument.

How is quoting what he said 'out of context'? Both of those quotes are from this thread, i didnt change any words around, theyre both part of his side of the 'argument', so i hardly think its out of context.

Deadwing wrote:
    How is quoting what he said 'out of context'? Both of those quotes are from this thread, i didnt change any words around, theyre both part of his side of the 'argument', so i hardly think its out of context.
    They are out of context because you removed their meaning by presenting them outside of their original post.

They are out of context because you are

"as thick as ****e"

The first post was me taking the piss out of your (or anyone else's) argument that there was a valid reason why 50 was bottled. The second post was me pointing out that there was NO valid reason to bottle anyone. Nobody's come up with a reason why the Rasmus were bottled, have they? Toast is at least honest - 50 was bottled because the crowd knew they could do it and get away with it. He's not trying to dress it up in some bull**** about how "offended" people were by 50's lifestyle or lyrics or anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

50 Cent is a talentless, drug dealing scumbag.

He's the equivalent of some junkie from Dublin with a microph..........

http://www.manandthemachine.net/

oh.

They are out of context because you are

"as thick as ****e"

Yeah, someone with a difference of opinion is "as thick as sh*te". Plato couldnt have expressed it better himself, i am truly honoured to be in the presence of such a mental heavyweight as yourself. At least "i know when the use of quotation marks is warranted".
    Maybe if your pathetic arguments/insults were coming from someone whos intelligence i actually had any respect for, my opinion may be swayed, or i may actually be insulted. But well...this is YOU were talking about.

• Advertisement

Deadwing wrote:
    Maybe if your pathetic arguments/insults were coming from someone whos intelligence i actually had any respect for, my opinion may be swayed, or i may actually be insulted. But well...this is YOU were talking about.

You haven't actually countered anyone's points, not since you brought up the fact that Kurt Cobain only tried to have sex with a handicapped girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Meat Loaf got bottled too, back in the 80s, and he stormed off stage.

Advertisement