Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking Pci-e Its Soooooooo Hot-not

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Nice computer you have there gline, Your not a drug deler by any chance ? :). It must have cost a heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Its not a bad pc, i am not happy with the overclock though, its too low, should be able to get 3ghz, im just too lazy to do a volt mod . It didnt cost that much to be honest. When u import from america it is cheap. Irish prices are a pure ripoff. I hate shopping in ireland for pc stuff, i refuse to buy in ireland, they just rip u off. I am actually thinking of importing high spec pc stuff, i am trying to find out if there is any interest in cheap high spec pc stuff, my board and ram cost about €300 and the fx chip was about €450 or €500, i can get cheap shipping to ireland aswell. Any overclocker in ireland should be importing their pc stuff as it is just too expensive for stuff here. For example a shappire x800 in ireland is about €500, i got my ati x800 for about €350 - €400 delivered to my door, I hate to see people being ripped off.

If anyone is interested please let me know as i may set up a FS thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

gline wrote:
    Go for a mach II or vapochill man. And watch those temps in minus :D .

ha ha who sold you the vapochill sitting beside your mach 2...... ;)

i know man, thanks, havnt even looked at it yet.

Have u got a spare crappy old PSU for sale , Im going to just have a seperate psu for the vapo, which should cut out all problems u were having with it shutting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

i just got rid of a 350 qtec and im selling an antec smartpower 450 but its sold to a guy in the boards shop 65 euro im picking up my neopower now today sorry about that ..did you get your pro back and if so did you use the magic XT pen :D

• Advertisement

Funny u should say that, a brand new x800 was just delivered to me this second, Fair play to ATI , they replaced it with a brand new one, Im gonna have some fun 2nite :D

I'll let u know how it goes

The Hard mod to unlock the extra pipelines failed , as i have learnt from reading some forums, ATI started building x800's a long time ago that were locked someother way, a way hasnt been found to unlock these yet.

However i managed to get some good overclocks with the stock cooler, as u can see below. I have a watercooler to install on the weekend and i will be doing the pencil mod to up the voltages as the temps are not the problem now. I will let u know how it goes with the pencil mod, just need to get my hands on a multimeter.

Once again , i have to thank ati. I damaged my last x800 modding an athlon xp heatsink and fan on to it (it would have worked , i just scraped the card in the process), I sent the card back to ATI to be repaired , even though it was very evident i damaged it and they gave me a brand new 1. Fair play to them (r maybe they just didnt open up the package), (cost m €60 to ship it to them though, awell it was worth it) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

You know, you could have gone for a VIVO model and just flashed it with an XT BIOS. The hardmod only seems to work on a very few cards, and only the early batches of cards.

The VIVO softmod worked for my Club3D, and I know it worked for other people with PowerColor cards. Well, pretty much anyone who had a VIVO card and wanted to flash it. The GPU's don't have the pipeline bridges cut, and even the memory chips are XT speed rated. (2.8ns samsung memory chips, the same ones that are on X800 XT PE cards)

I know , but i got my card from the USA before they were even available in ireland and the VIVO models werent even out at the time, the ATI one was the only one i could get

Pencil mod was useless, it got an extra 0.03Volts, but my x800 is already running at near max voltage, so the xtra voltage didnt do anything for my overclocks, the watercooling helped marginally, u can see below what i ended up with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement