Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future MMORPGs

Options
  • 11-04-2001 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

This place is deader than some dead thing.

Thus, I am obliged to ask; what up and comming mmorpg do you think shows the most promise?

I vote Star Wars Galaxies, because I like star wars

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well the main game I'm holding out for is Neverwinternights. Not a MMRPG, but a MRPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

the name of the game has slipped my mind, but isnt there a first person perspective mmrpg.
    i thought it sounded pretty cool, huge landscapes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

im waiting for bg3 and uo2, but uo2 is on hold, and bg3 hasent even started dev yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Neverwinter Nights should relive you until bg3.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PHB:
    but uo2 is on hold</font>

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but UO2 has been canned some weeks back.

Electronic Arts felt that Ultima Online can compete against the upcoming MMORPG's in it's current state and fired most of the UO2 staff as it would be competing against UO.

• Advertisement

I'm waiting for Shadowbane.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

i heard that too, then i read in pcg forums somewhere that a diff company is planning on buying the rights, and finishing it

I think EA said "over our dead bodies" to that idea, but your right all the people who got fired are working on a new game.

Advertisement