Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

villa - chelsea (will contain scores)

• 11-09-2004 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Aston Villa: Sorensen, De la Cruz, Delaney, Mellberg, Samuel, Solano, McCann, Hitzlsperger, Barry, Vassell, Angel. Subs: Hendrie, Postma, Whittingham, Moore, Davis.

Chelsea: Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, Babayaro, Tiago, Makelele, Lampard, Cole, Kezman, Drogba. Subs: Pidgeley, Smertin, Mutu, Gallas, Gudjohnsen.

no place for duffers again, how smertin gets in ahead of him ill never now

i reckon a 3-1 chelsea win

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sssssh! :) Villa gonna end that run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

what does duff need to do to get into that team?? he made 3 of our 4 goals last week and joe cole didnt even play, did he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Maybe duff should start thinking about leaving Chelski and gettting a club where he can play regular first team football. Although Moranihino reckons he is playing with 2 wingers in the future?

Im hoping for Villa win. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

0-0 good game, Villa started v well but Chels came into it. Chels were denied a stone wall penno in second half when Drogba was hacked down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Great result for Villa, looking forward to the highlights.

Thats 4 out of a possible 6 points for Villa against Newcastle & Chelsea. Can't ask for much more. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

True that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Good game i was pleased with the result, McCann, Moore,Hendrie and UDLC played very well today. As a villa fan i admit that Drogba probably deserved the penalty, but overall it was a fair result, we`re the first team to take points off chelsea this season. hopefully we can keep the momentum up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Villa looking very solid. 4th place dare one whisper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

bbop wrote:
    Chelsea: ... Subs: Pidgeley...
    Who? :eek:

I wouldn't worry about Duff not been included as he has just played 2 games in 4 days and had been out injured since Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Lenny Pidgley, a young reserve goalie, Cudicini is out injured. Mourinho has said that he'll use Duff and Robben when they are both fully fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

“Damien was tired, he had just played two games for his country and had played every minute of both games with Ireland,” revealed Mourinho, as reported in the Star on Sunday.

“I went to Dublin on Saturday to watch him and I know he played the full game against Switzerland.

“It has been a hard week on our players away on international duty and it did affect us ahead of this game.

“But I can say that Damien Duff and Wayne Bridge will be selected on Tuesday night.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

eirebhoy wrote:
    Mourinho: “But I can say that Damien Duff and Wayne Bridge will be selected on Tuesday night.”

Good news for Damien. I hope Mourinho was impressed by what he saw in Landsdowne and now also realises from the result against Villa that he is better with at least one winger on the field.

From what I saw of the Arsenal game, and Chelsea's draw as well as the draw at Man U, it already looks like Arsenal's season. Wenger must be thinking of the CL now.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

That was McCann's best game for us. He bullied their midfield all day....

The Drogba incident was a penalty alright, but Sorensen would have saved it anyway! ;)~

We're still a few players short though, and the Laursen injury is very bad news - he could be out for 3 - 4 months, we'll find out today. It means a serious resuffle in the back 4. Delaney at did well as a replacement centre half, but another injury to any of our defenders now will be trouble. That Czech guy Drobny is still way off Premiership pace according to O'Leary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Was at the game, and felt that even the option of having Duff on the bench would have been worth a shot. Mourinho has gotten results by battering the ball through the midfield, but it is not going to work forever. Villa provided Chelsea with the physical, and also mental, challenge that no other team has done this season. In saying thatm, Chelsea were by far the better team, negative as it is to watch, with Drogba breaking away several times, once to hit the bar, and once to be brought down, only to be booked for diving. Drogba is immense, his strengh and pace put him up there with the best of them in the EPL, and he is turning out to be much better a signing that I thought he would be at the start of the season.

Advertisement