Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new megadeth album

Options
  • 11-09-2004 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

hey has ne1 got it yet ?? i just got it there an hour ago, it kiks ass :D
    annoucin tour dates soon, they plan on doin a few european festivals wit iron maiden next summer,hopefully there come here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DemoniZed

No offence but you could not be more wrong.

I am a big Megadeth fan.

Killing Is mY Business and Rust In Peace are among the greatest albums ever, i even like the Dread And Fugitive Mind from TWNAH.

But the new album sucks!

The songs are ruined by stupid backing vocal parts like "Airforce One has been shot down."

Mustaine trys to express political views that are really old. He should leave the politics to Zach and the crew.

This album is poor, and if they do tour they better play alot more of the original stuff, otherwise count me out.

P.S Megadeth will probably only come to the republic because Dave Mustaine pissed off the Unionists last time he was in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

DemoniZed wrote:
    ... pissed off the Unionists last time he was in the north.

Yeah, lol this ones for the cause...bonehead bonehead

yeah the new album isnt the best, its alright though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

I've heard 3 songs, Die Dead Enough, Blackmail the Universe and Kick the chair. They're good but not amazing, I'll be interested to hear what the rest of the album will be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Still have to check it out - can't imagine it being as good as rust in peace, countdown to extinction, etc they were the best albums and they set the bar high for themselves but besides that - any band around for 20 odd years are going to change their music over time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I haven't got it yet, though I'm expecting it to be around the same level as TWNAH. There will never be another Rust In Peace. I learned to stop waiting for it the day I heard Cryptic Writings :(

Anyone pick up the re-issues? I got the first four (Peace Sell to Countdown), they're worth hearing but some parts are uncomfortably naff too. I think So Far, So Good benefits the most from the remixing, the louder drums are a joy in Rust In Peace but some parts (especially horrible prominent backing vocals) just sound out of place on them at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

what an incredibly **** album.

the only decent track, Blackmail The Universe, is ruined by stupid samples played throughout.

anyone wanna buy/trade??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Sh*t, I really had bought the hype on this one, should have known after (almost) falling for the hype that the last Metallicrap album was going to be a return to form - how wrong that was :mad:
    I'll still check it out though, haven't really been bothered with Megadeth since Rust In Piece, didn't really like anything after that (except maybe one or two tunes from Countdown). The gig in the point on the Rust tour was one of the best gigs I was ever at, 'twas fcuking amazing, saw Judas Priest in the SFX the night before too - what a weekend :D

nesthead wrote:
    anyone wanna buy/trade??

Go on, I'm listening
    :D

Shred wrote:
    The gig in the point on the Rust tour was one of the best gigs I was ever at, 'twas fcuking amazing, saw Judas Priest in the SFX the night before too - what a weekend :D

Ditto. Priest and Annihilator, Megadeth, The Almighty and Alice In Chains. They don't make weekends like that anymore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Doctor J wrote:
    Ditto. Priest and Annihilator, Megadeth, The Almighty and Alice In Chains. They don't make weekends like that anymore ;)

maybe not, but with all the quality gigs coming up between now and December/January you will forgive me for my whoop-de-whoop whoop of delight :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I haven't heard it myself. I know thought that every magazine I've read has slammed it.

Its a shame really..

Advertisement