Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An easy riddle

• 11-09-2004 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Once upon a time, there were three princes who wished to marry a princess. The princess wished to marry one of them, but not the other two. Her father however, was rather conservative, and did not feel she was ready to marry any of them. The King decided to put all three of them to tests that he believed none of them would be able to pass. First, he blindfolded them all, then led each in turn to his individual test.

The King led Prince #1 to the base of a mountain where there were ten painted, wooden doors, glistening in the sun. "All but one of these doors in front of you are white," said the King. "If you can tell me within the next ten minutes, which door is black, then you may marry my daughter. You may not speak to anyone, and you may not remove your blindfold."

The King led Prince #2 to a hillside, and pointed out across his lush green valleys to the edge of his kingdom, where ten beautiful buildings stood. "All but one of these buildings in front of you are white," the King said. "If you can tell me within the next ten minutes, which building is black, then you may marry my daughter. You may not speak to anyone, and you may not remove your blindfold."

The King led Prince #3 to a magnificent dining table where ten places were impeccably laid out. "All but one of the napkins on this table are white," said the King. "If you can tell me within the next ten minutes, which napkin is black, then you may marry my daughter. You may not speak to anyone, and you may not remove your blindfold."

Ten minutes later, only one of the princes - the one the princess wished to marry - had succeeded at his individual test. Which one of the princes had succeeded?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Which one of the princes had succeeded?
    i dont know :( stupid riddle, will have me thinking about it all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Raptor

Is it
    the prince in front of the doors - he puts his hand against the doors and the one less hot than the others is the white one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

dunno the answer but that sounds right. makes most sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Raptor wrote:
    Is it
    the prince in front of the doors - he puts his hand against the doors and the one less hot than the others is the white one?
    I do believe so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

How did the prince solve the test? He felt each of the doors in turn. As it was a sunny day, the black one was much hotter to the touch than the white ones, which absorbed less heat.

Your right!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Sorry, I thought this was the humour forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

milltown wrote:
    Sorry, I thought this was the humour forum.

Yeah so? I dont have anywhere else to put it, its the same kind of thing anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

stupid ruddle was expecting it to be funny

i hope your hamster gets caught in the toaster and you die of syphilis, and your cat gets cancer of the whiskers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

i hope your hamster gets caught in the toaster and you die of syphilis, and your cat gets cancer of the whiskers

lol now that was funny!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah so? I dont have anywhere else to put it, its the same kind of thing anyway :rolleyes:
    After Hours

• Advertisement
Advertisement