Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apprentice?

Options
  • 11-09-2004 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hey.
    I was wondering if anyone know a place that accept an apprentice or if they just know a place where maybe you can get a job?
    I live for piercings and tattoos. and been up to this in 3 years now..
    live in swedish but are going to ireland soon.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

ive been trying to get an apprenticeship for the past 2 years and i still havent managed to get one.Your best bet is to know someone in a shop who will give you an apprenticeship or to just bug your favourite piercing shop day in,day out until they give you one:).
    afaik theres not much work going in dublin for piercers atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nebula

hehe no.. dammit. I would really love to become a piercer.
    you don't know anygood piercingshops in the cork area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I was talking to Rob in Snakebite about this recently and they do an apprenticeship for two years 6 day week with no pay, seemed a little hardcore to me with the no pay bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well you could be on the dole for all that time. The majority of apprentices don't get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Probably Eth0, thing is that it does not seem that good coming from gainful employment if you know what I mean, as a way off of social I spose it would be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nebula

oh ok.. well have to find somewhere else then, in sweden it's har aswell.
    but where should I get pierced.. ? in cork area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Try getting an apprenticeship for tattooing - now THAT is difficult in this day & age.... better off buying your own needle & amp kit & practicing on fruit & yourself...... you'd learn alot quicker - but if you can't draw, don't bother. Most guys I know who are tattoo artists always say if you can't draw you've no business being a tattoo artist. Seems like it is a very protective trade & rightly so - you don't want every tom, dick & harry opening up 'tattoo studios', as it is an industry very much based on reputation these days as opposed to being 'backstreet & dodgy'.

I suppose the best place to start when seeking an apprenticeship is by getting magazines that piercers or tattoo artists get for themselves (not for their studios!) & reading like a mofo, & finding a piercer or tattoo artists who'll sit down & talk about it with you & then seeing if they can point you in the direction of someone willing to take on an apprentice -

just don't expect to get paid while doing this..... as you can make alot of money later on when you either get good or go out on ur own at least 70 yo's an hour as a tattoo artist, which is better than most jobs out there & my mates who do it are constantly busy! .....

::: ven0mous :::

Advertisement