Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for this foxer

Options
  • 11-09-2004 5:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

OK Im installing a network In a old building in town

I had to assess what i needed from a plan drawn up form a carpenter
    How many switchs are needed and where the crossover points are going to be

The patch panels are mounted up on the wall so, so I have to make cables for each computer and printer to go into them and then wire those ends so that they fit nicely into each switch.

How much do you think I should charge for this
    I know its easy and tedious but then again I can do it, they cant and if they got someone else from a "reputable company" they will charge way more than I would

Oh I also have to test it to see that each computer are connected and assign each an IP address, labelling etc etc

Any Ideas how much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Most installers charge on a per point basis and then a lump charge for a patch panel. Some costs I've seen on on cat5 throughout a building are €60 per point (for 24 points) and €700 for the patch panel + VAT.

But this can vary with the installer and the type of building to be installed. I presume you have assessed the building and work your price on this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

jayok wrote:
    Most installers charge on a per point basis and then a lump charge for a patch panel. Some costs I've seen on on cat5 throughout a building are €60 per point (for 24 points) and €700 for the patch panel + VAT.

But this can vary with the installer and the type of building to be installed. I presume you have assessed the building and work your price on this?

Does that price include putting the Cat 5 wires behind white caseing where the wires are connected to a network point? just want to know if putting up the dadorail is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

The price was for running the cables through existing power cases (don't know what you call it - cable ducting?). This was also done across two floors where there was ceiling tiles and between floor ducting where the cable was run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Trunking is the term I think you're looking for and you need to make sure it offers seperate paths for Mains cabling and low voltage (CAT5) cables. The electrical regs forbid running the 2 in the same compartment.

ZEN

Advertisement