Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Discos

Options
  • 11-09-2004 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

You know the way CTYI discos are generally sh*t, meaning that all those in my memory weren't the best... Junior Cert discos on the other hand always seem to be better than your average teenyboppin' experience... And it always seems to be ex-Junior cert resultants (??) who enjoy it more...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Are the rumours that Wesley won't be open for Junior Cert night true? If so why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Judas04

Red Box complained about wesley being allowed 2 be open on jcert night so the police shut it down! i don't care really cos im goin 2 a party but loads of my friends are well pissed off!! it might be back on but im not sure. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It seems a few of the places which are usually open for the older crowd(over 18's), but are doing a under 18's event, are not doing it. Some legal thing, that came during the week,

yea, its real stupid cos now there r jus gonna b loads of drunk ppl wanderin round by themselves! at least at wesley they'r all together!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

No, its open again now.

Basically, as far as I know...which isn't very far...the law about children being in a place with a bar after 9 was misinterpreted by the police, who then shut down Wesley, cos there's a bar on the premises....not taking into acccount the fact that the bar is always closed when the discoes are on.

Or something.

And Jono, whataya on bout? CTYI discos (discoes? Anyway) were great! Usually. Cept that one in the canteen....oh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Yeah there was some law bout under 18s being in places were alcohol is or could be served but some minister guy said that disco were ok so there all open(or something like that)

nah, red box complained 2 d gaurds cos they wer shut down for bein a licensed premises wit unmder 18s after 9! wez is bac on? my frnds wil b delighted. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Judas04 wrote:
    nah, red box complained 2 d gaurds cos they wer shut down for bein a licensed premises wit unmder 18s after 9! wez is bac on? my frnds wil b delighted. :rolleyes:
    It's official, the board has descended to the point of being a slightly more legible version of collarsup.net

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dammit! I can't register there and I wanna!

• Advertisement

i humbley apologise for any offence caused, i'm justed not very good at typing.

Judas04 wrote:
    justed
    Also, i'm dyslexic. not joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

omfg back to the ooh u must learn to type arguement again.....

Yea those danm politicians and their laws...grrrrrr.
    There is like only 1 disco in Cork i think although im really not sure and its in the City Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Actually it wasnt a misinterpreted law, basically the letter of the law is that if there is a bar on the premises then under18's are not allowed there after 9. afaik there is/was an attempt to rush legislation through to cover it to allow all you ickle ones go out with bottles of vodka and coke and vomit all over the outside of said disco's, so you can rest easy. now i'm off to the pub to watch the hurling. toodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Dyslexic and stupid are different. For example writing "justed" instead of "just" is an example of dyslexia, writing "frnds wil b" instead of "friends will be" - that's stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

It's not stupid, it's quicker.

Judas just saved his/her/itself a few milliseconds of their life with which to do other things.

Although she (?) then frittered it all away apologising....*facepalm*

It's only quicker if you can't type. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

It's not stupid, it's quicker.

Judas just saved his/her/itself a few milliseconds of their life with which to do other things.

Although she (?) then frittered it all away apologising....*facepalm*

Ya, those vital milliseconds really add up at the end of the week, imagine a whole 3 seconds saved by typing quickly/stupidly/txtly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

jono087 wrote:
    Ya, those vital milliseconds really add up at the end of the week, imagine a whole 3 seconds saved by typing quickly/stupidly/txtly.....

It would save a lot more time if no1 complained about other ppls typing when they kno full well what the point of the msg was

ColHol wrote:
    It would save a lot more time if no1 complained about other ppls typing when they kno full well what the point of the msg was
    Do you not think the people who are trying to get everyone to type in ENGLISH would want to waste the time of those who don't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Sure what harm if every1 can understand it? If ya cant understand posts thats ur problem not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

oh jesus guys stop arguing about everyone arguing about spelling.
    I'm pretty pedantic myself, but give it a rest, it's helping nobody here.

It's not a problem of understanding. (Not for me anyway.)
    It just irritates me and makes whoever's doing it look like an idiot. And it makes the board and all its members on a whole appear to have an IQ that rivals that of a brick.

Okay, I shall stop arguing... *mutter mutter*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

It's not a problem of understanding. (Not for me anyway.)
    It just irritates me and makes whoever's doing it look like an idiot. And it makes the board and all its members on a whole appear to have an IQ that rivals that of a brick.

Okay, I shall stop arguing... *mutter mutter*

Ya we are supposed to be "talented youth" after all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Wow, yet another thread where the original topic if completely forgotten almost instantly.

*slow clapping*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Get back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Junior Cert discos, huh?
    well at the ones I've ever gone to up to now, the music has been pretty crap but its always fun once your friends are there.
    results on wednesday and a disco on that night-if I'm pleased with my results, I'm going out, if not, I'm staying in, looks like I'll be staying in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

oh god dis agen all of u shut d fcuk up!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

LiamD wrote:
    oh god dis agen all of u shut d fcuk up!!!!!
    The subject had moved on you know. and it's spelt fuck

Oh, and on-topic, I think most discos are crap, CTYI ones are good though.

Thats just because my taste in music tends towards rock, which is rarely played at discos outside CTYI. So, I won't be going out wednesday night.

Also, I hate most people in my town. Funny that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Raphael wrote:
    Oh, and on-topic, I think most discos are crap, CTYI ones are good though.

So, I won't be going out wednesday night.

FINALLY someone hits the nail on the head. Well done to you aonghus! I was worried that I'd have to post a hugh jass rant here, which i really didn't wanna have to do considering I start uni tomorrow.. What has happened to CTYI? Last time I was there, 2 years ago, it was CTYI, where people didn't GO to discos, and didnt care that people looked down on them. Hell, I didn't go anywhere for my JC night, and for my LC night I went to a fellow CTYIzen's house party! (Non-alcoholic, of course). That's another thing. CTYI has never been about drinking, we're meant to be too smart for all that underage stuff, but the past two reunions I've graced have been tainted by drunken antics. Not cool guys. CTYI discos are unparallelled. They are the zenith of the discoing world. They are the most social fun you can have in a dark room with music so loud that you can't talk (the definition of anti-social, no?..) Now if you don't mind I'm off to muse about the hole it seems CTYI has dug itself into thanks to teenyboppers and paint my nails before tomorrow...

~Eoin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement