Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Discos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

NOOOOO! Not logic! logic kills eoin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You sound somewhat bitter raphael
    Yes, bitter and lonely

Loneliness and bitterness tend to be underrated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

And no, most tennagers wouldn't jump off a bridge if their friends did. :rolleyes:

you'd think that? so did I.
    not anymore. Some of my best friends used to absolutely hate drinking and smoking. Not anymore. Reason? Oh, thats right, one of their so called friends did. Pressurised them to smoke.
    one of these friends said to me the other day that she'd love to quit smoking, but you know what the horrible thing is? She cant. Shes been sucked in, addicted, whatever you like to call it.
    I hate to sound so cynical...but lots would jump off a bridge if their friends did.
    Thank whatever I'm not one of those people...

Yeah they would. They do it every day. So they use bungee cords? they still do it! (SLAM DUNK!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

Obviously, inevitably, some people will smoke out of peer pressure, but that wasn't what this 'discussion' was about, it was about alcohol, and people 'knocking' it.
    And not everyone succumbs to peer pressure, and you can't put teen drinking pureply down to 'peer pressure', its just not that simple.

Obviously, inevitably, some people will smoke out of peer pressure, but that wasn't what this 'discussion' was about, it was about alcohol, and people 'knocking' it.
    And not everyone succumbs to peer pressure, and you can't put teen drinking pureply down to 'peer pressure', its just not that simple.

a lot of teenagers drink because they think they should. They dont feel comfortable with themselves without drink.
    in this case, its not peer pressure, but society's fault.
    its pretty damn crazy that we live in a country where people feel the need to drink to feel better about themselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

the wezz is open wednesday night, contrary to popular belief. how do i know this?

1. because girls from year were on the tellie shaking their fists at mcdowell and saying how much of a disgrace it is.
    2. my friend asked donie, and donie knows all
    3. i have connections on collarsup.net

a lot of teenagers drink because they think they should. They dont feel comfortable with themselves without drink.
    in this case, its not peer pressure, but society's fault.
    its pretty damn crazy that we live in a country where people feel the need to drink to feel better about themselves...

That is such a generic response!
    People don't always drink to feel better about themselves, i'm not denying that that happens, but thats not the reason why every time. People can infact drink to have fun-i'm not saying that fun isn't possible without it, far from.
    I don't think tehre is any black/white to this situation, or answer, but you can't just pin things done to one sole factor.

By the way, Wezley is the WORST disco I have EVER been to. So have fun :confused:

That is such a generic response!

ah but a generic response to a generic topic...

anyways, I dont intend to drink underage to have any alcohol induced "fun". I have way better things to do.
    Dunno if I'll even bother drinking when I am of legal age, I quite honestly cant see what the fuss is about...

• Advertisement

But if you haven't drank, how would you know what the fuss is about?

when I was younger(less that 12), it was forced upon me(only a sip, but that was enough).
    ever since, I have abhorred alcohol.

In fairness, having drunk lots, both legally and underage, i can advise all that it's not all it's cracked up to be by a long shot. It's a waste of money, health, and enjoyment. I have MUCH more fun when I'm dry than when I'm drinking, even just a little bit. And, TBH, I did start drinking cuz of peers, and then found myself uncomfortable if I was out without a drink. So I just stopped hanging around those people, refound myself at CTYI reunions and here, and am enjoying life much more than I ever could were I to be drinking. So, Incredula, alcohol ain't all that.

*applauds*

*bows*

That's your personal experienec, its not everyones.
    And I never said that alchohol was that be all and end all - all I'm saying that is that others shouldn't judge others for drinking, or lecture them about it. Getting up on ones high horse isn't all that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

all I'm saying that is that others shouldn't judge others for drinking, or lecture them about it. Getting up on ones high horse isn't all that either.

Very true, I would never lecture a friend for smoking, drinking, anything. I'd wouldn't do it myself, but I'd never attempt to intrude on another persons decisions. With certain exceptions

That's your personal experienec, its not everyones.
    And I never said that alchohol was that be all and end all - all I'm saying that is that others shouldn't judge others for drinking, or lecture them about it. Getting up on ones high horse isn't all that either.

I'm not judging per se, though I think that seeing as they are drinking ILLEGALLY, technically they can be judged.
    I'm not getting up on my high horse. I'm stating my personal beliefs, and last I checked it was ok to do so. You did legal studies, you should know about the right to freedom of speech and all.....
    and yes, I took full use of that right, but of course.....

Have u ever been on a high horse? it can be fun! *Hates bad grammar* People, in all fairness, can judge whoever they want on any grounds they see fit. And you don't think people should lecture others? Hell that's what life's about - giving **** and taking it in return. Using other people's experiences to shape the course of your life, avoiding certain mistakes etc. Am I wrong? Didn't think so...

Raphael wrote:
    Very true, I would never lecture a friend for smoking, drinking, anything. I'd wouldn't do it myself, but I'd never attempt to intrude on another persons decisions. With certain exceptions

neither would I.
    I'd encourage them to quit, but only if they wanted to.(for example, my friend I mentioned earlier who would love to quit smoking but doesnt think she can).

• Advertisement

I'm not getting up on my high horse.
    You might not be, I sure as hell am!

Plunky wrote:
    Have u ever been on a high horse? it can be fun! *Hates bad grammar* People, in all fairness, can judge whoever they want on any grounds they see fit. And you don't think people should lecture others? Hell that's what life's about - giving **** and taking it in return. Using other people's experiences to shape the course of your life, avoiding certain mistakes etc. Am I wrong? Didn't think so...

Eoin, you should write a book on your logic. Seriously!
    (I am, of course, in agreement with you.)

Plunky wrote:
    You might not be, I sure as hell am!

Nah. I'm on my "moral high ground".
    It sounds so much more sophisticated, dont ya think? ;)

Eoin, you should write a book on your logic. Seriously!

Forgive my ignorance, but how was that logical?

Nah. I'm on my "moral high ground".
    It sounds so much more sophisticated, dont ya think? ;)
    True, but horses are so much fun! You can even ride them (If you're into that kinda thing...)

Plunky wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance, but how was that logical?

its not ignorance. I just have a totally twisted sense of everything, logic included. I should have explained that.

Funky!

Plunky wrote:
    True, but horses are so much fun! You can even ride them (If you're into that kinda thing...)

I guess......*getting scared by Eoins strange liking for horses*

For the record, I ain't "into that kinda thing"!

• Advertisement

Plunky wrote:
    For the record, I ain't "into that kinda thing"!

yeah, sure you're not...right!

by the way, were you the same eoin that was at the reunion on the 14th, and was sitting under a tree near the "lake" with a circle of people?

because if so, i have to kill you.(ok, not really but anyhoo)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement