Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Discos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Sounds like me. why do you have to kill me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Plunky wrote:
    Sounds like me. why do you have to kill me?

because you called me beanie when oisin told you to.

Do forgive me dear, I was under the influence of Oisin, and had no idea of what I was doing. It's completely his fault.

Plunky wrote:
    Do forgive me dear, I was under the influence of Oisin, and had no idea of what I was doing. It's completely his fault.

Thats most likely true, so you're forgiven.
    I just hate being called beanie.

also, was I by any chance talking to you about your results at the reunion on the 28th? You were watching the play in the middle of the green aswell, right?
    or was that someone else? its very possible.

That was probably me, as I was indeed watching the play. Twice. You quite probably were talkin to me, but i don't remember where. Remind me. Which one are you? (I know that sounds horrible, but i'm not good with faces)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

Yes I know about the Freedom Of Speech Aoibheann :rolleyes:
    Its fine to state your pesonal beliefs, but Aoibheann, my dear, I remember you in class and often they had no basis and were, at times plucked out of the sky. Also, alot of the time we were discussing hypothetical situations - or those which don't affect the majority of our class. Here, it affects I'd say atleast hald of the board. If you don't agree with Teen drinking, find say that. Don't state that we all do it, or most of us anyway because of 'Peer Pressure'. YOu're generalising, and to be honest, I'd rather not be lumped into one of your categories.
    You're saying (Plunky?) 'Using other peoples mistakes to hape your own' - again, thats stating that drinking is a mistake. For some, it may be, for others it it may not. yes you learn from the mistakes of those before you, but my aunt was an alcholic, but just because she handled drinking the wrong way doesn't mean i need to not drink in order to learn from her mistakes.
    Life isn't about giving and taking **** in return, if you think that then I'm sorry, perhaps you've had a bad experience of it.

Plunky wrote:
    That was probably me, as I was indeed watching the play. Twice. You quite probably were talkin to me, but i don't remember where. Remind me. Which one are you? (I know that sounds horrible, but i'm not good with faces)

Lucky I dont get offended easily!
    Ah no, I just for some reason remembered that(after the annoyance of you calling me beanie, I probably had you on my revenge list or something! ;) )

which one am I? well I was sitting with stephen(accordian stephen) and leo during the play, if that helps.
    also, i was wearing glasses.(though then again, that could have been any one of a number of people). and I have brown hair(or rather had, I dyed it a blue black colour!).

By **** i don't actually mean ****, i mean stuff in general. And that is what it's about my dear. From start to finish, life is about interacting with others... Unless you have a SERIOUSLY sad life...

Yes I know about the Freedom Of Speech Aoibheann :rolleyes:
    Its fine to state your pesonal beliefs, but Aoibheann, my dear, I remember you in class and often they had no basis and were, at times plucked out of the sky. Also, alot of the time we were discussing hypothetical situations - or those which don't affect the majority of our class. Here, it affects I'd say atleast hald of the board. If you don't agree with Teen drinking, find say that. Don't state that we all do it, or most of us anyway because of 'Peer Pressure'. YOu're generalising, and to be honest, I'd rather not be lumped into one of your categories.

hey if thats what you think, then so be it. I wasnt actually lumping anyone here into any category. I just happened to say about a lot of the time, teenage drinking is caused by peer pressure. and I know of a lot of certain cases of this, so I do indeed have a basis, and proof to back me up.

you had an umbrella, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Drinking is perfectly acceptable as long as its done in moderation and its really important that people don't cross that fine line because they end up acting like complete wassocks and/or being very ill. Either way its not a pleasant experience for those involved.

Plunky wrote:
    you had an umbrella, no?

me? I dont think so. Unless I stole it off someone. (joking)
    actually, now that i think of it, i was under an umbrella when it started raining during the play, it just wasnt my umbrella.

still confused?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Drinkin is grand it's a person's own choice, so is smoking.Why bother judge others coz they're gonna do it anyway whether u want them to r not.Smokers and drinkers don't give out to non-smokers and pioneers, even though they could.This way u just come across like knobs who despratly want to be heard.Give an opinion, don't judge others.

Yeah that sounds like it was you.. huzzah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think the reason smokers and drinkers don't give out to the non-ers is because not smoking and not drinking generally doesn't get in the way of someone else. Because someone is not smoking, it's not affecting you. If someone smokes, then yeah, it's gonna affect everyone in the surrounding area. If a non drunk person is standing quite in control there, it's not affecting you as such (unless they're in your way or whatever, in which case normally you could ask them to move without inciting some kind of random response), whereas if you're wildly drunk you can get in the way of other people, innocent non drinkers.

There's a point in there somewhere.

Plunky wrote:
    Yeah that sounds like it was you.. huzzah

this is a first, people dont often seem all that happy if they know it was me they were talking to... ;)
    by the way, did you have a clue what the hell those idiots in the play were doing?

Yeah of course i do, but then I DID see the play twice

I understood the play before they went and did that.
    then I just watched it and laughed my head off.
    Twice? why?

Cuz I had nothing else to do!

Plunky wrote:
    Cuz I had nothing else to do!

were you that bored?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

oooh God....y are we discussing the topic of teenage drinking. Actually how did we start talking/discussing/debating it???? this must be a job for the people in ctyi!!!

OOh god teenage drinkign is great!!!!! Hope this starts up lots of controversy :D;)

gl with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I think the reason smokers and drinkers don't give out to the non-ers is because not smoking and not drinking generally doesn't get in the way of someone else. Because someone is not smoking, it's not affecting you. If someone smokes, then yeah, it's gonna affect everyone in the surrounding area. If a non drunk person is standing quite in control there, it's not affecting you as such (unless they're in your way or whatever, in which case normally you could ask them to move without inciting some kind of random response), whereas if you're wildly drunk you can get in the way of other people, innocent non drinkers.

There's a point in there somewhere.

Who says drinkers have to be wildly drunk? Who says asking a sober person to move wont incite violence? What if a drinker is enjoyin a drink and the non drinker is bitchin about drinkers? Whose to say a wildly drunk person isnt gonna move when asked? Innocent non drinkers? Martin Cahill (the general never drank)

Could you plz point out that point?

so many questions, so little time

were you that bored?
    yup, i was!

oooh God....y are we discussing the topic of teenage drinking. Actually how did we start talking/discussing/debating it???? this must be a job for the people in ctyi!!!

OOh god teenage drinkign is great!!!!! Hope this starts up lots of controversy :D;)

gl with this.

how do we ever start debating on anything around here? same as always.
    every thread turns into a debate. well at least my nest album ever thread has so far kept out of controversy. nothing like music to unite - and divide(see quality of djing thread) - people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

You know what else is boring? Double Irish on a Monday when you forgot to bring in coffee for lunch...

Caoimhe wrote:
    You know what else is boring? Double Irish on a Monday when you forgot to bring in coffee for lunch...

even though i'm studying it, thats a major stinger...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

ColHol wrote:
    Who says drinkers have to be wildly drunk? Who says asking a sober person to move wont incite violence? What if a drinker is enjoyin a drink and the non drinker is bitchin about drinkers? Whose to say a wildly drunk person isnt gonna move when asked? Innocent non drinkers? Martin Cahill (the general never drank)

Could you plz point out that point?

so many questions, so little time
    Ah jaysus man I was just generalising. There are exceptions to everything, but it doesn't mean you have to inlcude for them in all of your arguments. o.o
    Of course it won't be the same all the time.
    I didn't say drinkers had to be wildly drunk, but it's easier to become wildly drunk if you're drinking than if you're not.

The point I was making was that in general drinking and smoking are more.. what's the word? Invasive to other people, and therefore other people may be more likely to give out about it. Doesn't mean they should, but they are entitled to give out about it as much as they like. Going up to a drinker/smoker and knocking the drink/smoke out of their hand of course isn't right, and we all know that, but they can express their opinion, alright?

Plunky wrote:
    yup, i was!

aw, why? the reunion wasnt that bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Underage drinking makes the world go 'round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Ah jaysus man I was just generalising. There are exceptions to everything, but it doesn't mean you have to inlcude for them in all of your arguments. o.o
    Of course it won't be the same all the time.
    I didn't say drinkers had to be wildly drunk, but it's easier to become wildly drunk if you're drinking than if you're not.

The point I was making was that in general drinking and smoking are more.. what's the word? Invasive to other people, and therefore other people may be more likely to give out about it. Doesn't mean they should, but they are entitled to give out about it as much as they like. Going up to a drinker/smoker and knocking the drink/smoke out of their hand of course isn't right, and we all know that, but they can express their opinion, alright?

Okey doke, jus thought you were ropin in everyone there, no harm done :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement