Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Discos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Guns don't kill people, Bullets kill people

Im sure you could kill someone with a gun if you hit them hard enough.

Anyway.

Go back to the disco talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Damn you and your teenage discos in clubs!! I had mine last year so I don't really care, straight to Lawlors tonight and then up to the sports centre to dance with very happy people... *Mutters under-breath, silently damning those young 'uns with their newfangled results*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Ruby's was klass last nite quite good music and deadly sound system.Not a bad place either and most of my year was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I went to the Leixlip no-name. Some of my friends rang up The Setanta and Spa hotels who were rumoured to be holding JC disco's this year and who both held them last year and both of them said no way would they ever hold a JC disco again, every single window in both hotels was broken. How unfair, some gob****es ruin it for everyone. The Leixlip no-name was appallingly bad, in case any of you were wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Well, Dungarvan Sports Center Disco was mad as usual, packed house, 90% of people in the absolute horrors, two ambulance calls, nine arrests and every girl in the place was easy (and most fit). Yes, a very good night was had by all, even though I came home with no buttons on my shirt, walked 2 miles with no shirt! aw lad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

To think that so much of the Gardaí's time is wasted by you kids is disgraceful. I heard 17 Gardaí were called to Ruby's alone that night, meanwhile there's real threats still on the streets like the man who's walking around Dublin randomly kicking and hitting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

LOL!
    I mean, uhmm... serious thing that is... can't have random kickings... *shakes head*

It is serious. My cousin had his head smashed against a wall last night by a gang of three people because they wanted his cigarettes.

Woah, Jesus... o.o

I know. The Gardaí deal with enough scumbags without having to factor a bunch of drunken teenagers into the equation. Fair enough an awful lot of ye did manage to stay sober and have a great night but its the few that make life difficult for everyone else. My Junior Cert night I went out for a meal with my friends and had a fantastic and alcohol free time. Plus I could remember it the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Caoimhe wrote:
    To think that so much of the Gardaí's time is wasted by you kids is disgraceful. I heard 17 Gardaí were called to Ruby's alone that night, meanwhile there's real threats still on the streets like the man who's walking around Dublin randomly kicking and hitting people.

sorry, but you did your JC, all of what, about 2 years ago?
    I'm sure it hasnt changed a lot since then....(EDIT: the excessive amount of drunks that is)

Caoimhe wrote:
    My Junior Cert night I went out for a meal with my friends and had a fantastic and alcohol free time. Plus I could remember it the next morning.

same here. only i went to a disco.
    still didnt drink, still remembered, etc, etc.

Didn't say it didn't happen then too. Just making a point.

Caoimhe wrote:
    Fair enough an awful lot of ye did manage to stay sober and have a great night but its the few that make life difficult for everyone else.

Don't try to be so smart by taking things out of context.

but it always happens, so you cant really blame "us kids" for doing the same stuff others did before.
    you lot set the example, we follow.

except me, i'm not a sheep, so i didnt drink, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

When I was outside Ruby's there were two Guards having no trouble whatsoever. Wednesday was the most peaceful and uneventful Junior Cert night in years so y'know, I don't really want to hear someone two years older than me berate "us kids" for things we didn't do, mkay? I stayed sober too, though probably only because I didn't have any money. My night was nothing special. Would really have enjoyed loosening up a bit more.

I'm sorry, let me get this right, you quoted yourself and contradicted yourself, correct?
    Just want to make sure my imaginations not playing tricks on me again......

(EDIT: this was aimed at caoimhe btw)

I was referring to you.

well that makes sense.
    I think. apologies, I'm not fully awake.
    and no, I wasnt being smart. I was stating a point as you seem fond of doing yourself.

but it always happens, so you cant really blame "us kids" for doing the same stuff others did before.
    you lot set the example, we follow.

except me, i'm not a sheep, so i didnt drink, etc.
    Good god, I didn't BLAME you for anything, no need to take it so personally. I'm still a kid too, I didn't say I wasn't and I'm certainly not denying that many many people in my age group do exactly the same as the current TYs. I'm commenting on the reports that I've read in various newspapers (some admittedly more sensational than others) and you can't say that the night went off smoothly because I heard there were 3 people stabbed in Cork I believe it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

yeah, but thats in Cork, nobaody cares about them.

TYs? as in transition year? thank god I didnt bothering doing TY anyhoo.
    I didnt say the night went smoothly, I heard what happened already.
    I'd appreciate it if you didnt refer to us as "you kids". It is demeaning and ageist, and really annoying especially if the person reading it has been sick the last few days and is really not in the best of moods to hear anything that involves having to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Caoimhe wrote:
    I heard there were 3 people stabbed in Cork I believe it was.
    /me eyes up the cork crowd suspiciously

Ah lighten up Aoibheann it's just a thing of speech. I doubt she was sitting there planning on how to insult you personally when she wrote it.

TYs? as in transition year? thank god I didnt bothering doing TY anyhoo.
    I didnt say the night went smoothly, I heard what happened already.
    I'd appreciate it if you didnt refer to us as "you kids". It is demeaning and ageist, and really annoying especially if the person reading it has been sick the last few days and is really not in the best of moods to hear anything that involves having to complain.
    After being in 3 fights with my parents in the last 2 days and in my LC year arguing with you is hardly top of my list. I didn't say you said it, I was talking to "it wasn't me" but I'm tired and too lazy to separate my posts...

Ah lighten up Aoibheann it's just a thing of speech. I doubt she was sitting there planning on how to insult you personally when she wrote it.

I'm actually in a great mood, I'd just rather that everyone my age wasnt generalised as "you kids".

Caoimhe wrote:
    After being in 3 fights with my parents in the last 2 days and in my LC year arguing with you is hardly top of my list. I didn't say you said it, I was talking to "it wasn't me" but I'm tired and too lazy to separate my posts...

fair enough.

*waves arms around in air* Didn't you hear me? I said I'm a still a kid too! Under 18= Kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I'm actually in a great mood, I'd just rather that everyone my age wasnt generalised as "you kids".
    "Damn kids, get off ma lawn!"

• Advertisement

Caoimhe wrote:
    *waves arms around in air* Didn't you hear me? I said I'm a still a kid too! Under 18= Kid!

*smacks self on head*
    I know. but still, generalising.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement