Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Discos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Quite frankly, there are times when generalising is forgivable. "You kids" is how most people who are past their Junior Certificate view JC students, at least when they are seen to 'celebrate' moderately-important exam results by bingeing. Life's unfair, and so are people, so accept it, and grow a thick skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

You "adults" so full of bull**** Wednesday nite was such a trouble free nite I saw absolutely no trouble at all, just everyone having a good nite with or without drink.Guards got no trouble I saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Maybe you were just in the so-called "right" places Liam... And us adults aren't full of shìt, we've just been around the block and seen it all, so we know what to expect from you young'uns

Well maybe ur generation of "yung 'uns" was just too irresponsible coz I heard of no trouble either off all me mates and the whole school.Any1 I hav talked to sed there was no trouble and whoever sed the guards were called to Ruby's loads of times that is **** coz I was there from start to finish and not one garda entered the place.No1 thrown out by the bouncers either.

No one YOU saw... And just cuz you didn't hear of any trouble FROM all your "mates" doesn't mean it didn't happen. Believe me, we were the young 'uns who didn't need alcohol to have a good time, so no I don't think we were the irresponsible ones. And did you stand by the doors all night watching to see if anyone was thrown out? Does anyone else see the flaws in Liam's comment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Plunky wrote:
    Does anyone else see the flaws in Liam's comment?
    I spotted it, but I find his method of digging himself deeper and deeper into his hole to be amusing, so I didn't say anything

Fair enough! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Plunky wrote:
    Believe me, we were the young 'uns who didn't need alcohol to have a good time, so no I don't think we were the irresponsible ones

You maybe, but ya cant say that about ur whole generation. Jus like our generation isnt black and white either, neither was yours. And i dont think being 2/3 years older means you have sufficient experience to give out ''young'uns', i mean ur not even in your twenties :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm sure that similar things happened both JC nights.
    but does it really matter now? its over, until next year anyway, just drag the topic back up then or something...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

LiamD wrote:

coz I heard of no trouble either off all me mates and the whole school.Any1 I hav talked to sed there was no trouble

Jaysus man! were you at home or something? The ambulance was called twice to the disco I was at and loads of people were arrested... And I live in Dungarvan, hardly what you'd describe as a crime haven....

• Advertisement

No I wasnt at home and no I didn't stand by the door I just thought it wud be the type of thing I'd notice ya kno, if the Gards came in.I spent most of my time in the beer garden.I have heard of nothing serious on that night.One of me mates got loafed and that was it.Nothing serious and certainly not like ppl make Junior nite out to be like.Fair enuff that fella's disco was bad but from what I've herd the 3 big ones (Wez, Rubys, Partyhouse) there was no serious trouble.And who cares bout the alcohol anyway?We can still have a drink and not cause trouble.A few might but not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Exactly. I walked past Ruby's at about ten and I can honestly say that's the most orderly group of drunken skangers I've ever seen. The cops didn't know what was going on. They were more bewildered by the three obviously locked nine-year-old girls trying to chat them up. Methinks they were trying to figure out how to arrest them without being labelled as child abusers. Quite funny actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

you're going on bout it being a calm night does no one remember that a girl was stabbed by scumbags for her ticket to some place in Dun Laoighre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I know I said it already but there were 3 people stabbed in Cork too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

its always worse on leaving cert night though. friend of mine got the living crap kicked out of him, had his jaw wired shut broken and 3 teeth knocked out.

And in fairness re: the kids comment, i'd consider most of you kids as by this stage i have a completely different mindset to all of you. but then again i've had to see and experience things that hopefully a lot of people never will so meh :)

Ignore the "kids" comments, you'll be a kid generally until age 19 or so or until something absolutely soul destroying happens.

Ah such joys to look forward to.

Yeah life is fun :) oh and i probably shoulda said "at least 19" in that last post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

LiamD wrote:
    And who cares bout the alcohol anyway?We can still have a drink and not cause trouble.A few might but not all.

Um, what age are you, Liam? What age are most JC results recipients? Under 18, I presume. That's why people care about the alcohol. It is, as we say in our more adult parlance, "illegal", and the law is still a thing many people respect, even in the age of music downloads and underage bingeing.

Who sed entin bout bingeing I certainly didn't binge that night and even for the people that did that night they caused no trouble.They handled themselves quite well (bar a few which we're haring of), but on the whole it was very orderly, very little trouble and very law abiding bar the drinking.

• Advertisement

the whole point is why the drink? i dont drink personally an if i go out i still enjoy it. we're known as a nation of drunkards for bob's sake. and you are the next generation to carry it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

the whole point is why the drink? i dont drink personally an if i go out i still enjoy it. we're known as a nation of drunkards for bob's sake. and you are the next generation to carry it on!

do'nt drink and drive, smoke and fly.

Witty! why do you need anything though. hash can **** you up a certain dealer soaks it in "gear" as the cool kids say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

None of us need anything. It's just that certain things, in appropriate amounts, can enrich a good thing.

but why though? you see people going to concerts absolutely and utterly twisted i doubt they remember most of what happened

I'm inclined to agree with those who don't drink. I tried it just the once and I completely forgot to think before I said anything, causing me to repeat myself which actually annoyed me more than anyone. Not a fan of the loss of control of my brain...

whats worse than binge drinking is people whose weekends are based around it basically being off there face for two days straight

I think a lot of people start to grow out of that as they get older, then go to college and revert back...

and we wonder why we're looked down on as a nation drink-wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Everyone stop debating about drink and just get in the horrors!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement