Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Discos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

jono087 wrote:
    Everyone stop debating about drink and just get in the horrors!!! :D
    Tellya what, you do that, and all the nondrinkers will watch you make an absolute fool out of yourself, and (*shockhorror*) be able to remember every detail of what you did, for future amusement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

and we wonder why we're looked down on as a nation drink-wise.
    No we don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Tellya what, you do that, and all the nondrinkers will watch you make an absolute fool out of yourself, and (*shockhorror*) be able to remember every detail of what you did, for future amusement

I whole-heartedly agree. Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Matthew, the spacebar is your friend

leave me alone i didn't know it'd go like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

If ya dont drink fine, other people do, its a fact of life, deal with it :p

i have nothing against people drinking per se i just dont like people who think they are mad scones cuz they spending the weekend drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i don't *think* i'm a mad scone...

i have nothing against people drinking per se i just dont like people who think they are mad scones cuz they spending the weekend drunk

yeah, dont like them people myself, freakin a-holes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Fair play, you're entitled to your opinions, but I work in a pub so I know (at least where I live) a very slight minority who actually end up drinking all weekend, 1 or 2 idiots maybe of a weekend. I'm talking about going for a few drinks with your mates, or going on the pull, not getting comatosed.... which is quite amusing when it's not you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Yeah I agree it's stupid drinkin for the whole weekend and not remembering any of it.If ppl r going to drink to get drunk, which personally I don't have a problem with as long as they can handle themselves while drunk and not take away from other people's good time, once a weekend id enuff.The rest of the time if they're drinking they shud pace themsleves.And drinking just to be mad is stupid, only actually drink (or get drunk) if it's what you want, not just coz evry1 else is doing it.A lot of the time it can b hilarious just watchin uda drunk ppl and only hav 1 r 2 urself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

meh watcha gonna do??? i mean not with me but with every1 else doing it. Nothing is gonna change......it never will probably not anyway!! :cool:

Not unless people make an effort to change it. Things don't just happen y'know, you have to put some effort into it. With attitudes like Forde here, it's no wonder our nation has a bad rap

Just Shut Up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

LiamD wrote:
    Just Shut Up

funnily enough, thats what we've all been wishing you would do.

Why?

I'm merely stating that in order to drag our nation out of the **** hole its in, we need to want to. which some people, such as forde, seem unwilling to do

What's wrong with that, hmm?

funnily enough, thats what we've all been wishing you would do.
    No just u coz I burst ur oh-so-hopeful little bubble of an A in Irish and called u out on gettin too hung up on it.

LiamD wrote:
    No just u coz I burst ur oh-so-hopeful little bubble of an A in Irish and called u out on gettin too hung up on it.

nah, because to be honest, I couldn't care less what your opinion of my getting a recheck is.
    Also, I'm sure theres more than one person that would agree with me when I say we want you to shut up.

*raises hand*

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

*also raises hand*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

Aoibheann gets good rep for that post.

And yes, purge the CTYI muppets tbh.

*bows*

Thank you all....*sniff*...I couldn't have done this without your help........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

u probably could have done it without their help ya kno. i was in your class for 3 weeks and watched u waffle away without any reason even though the entire class wanted u to to dun do bheal.Liam is completely right to admonish you and your recheck why cant u be happy???some people put all their effort into studying and come out with all b's maybe and might be feeling happy til they see a certain TWAT demanding a recheck.so to sum up 9 a's is a fairly decent result get over yourself and that b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i love drama

Raphael wrote:
    Not unless people make an effort to change it. Things don't just happen y'know, you have to put some effort into it. With attitudes like Forde here, it's no wonder our nation has a bad rap

Well thats his attitude mate, get over it, i dont think he cares what you have to say about him anyway

GlitterB wrote:
    u probably could have done it without their help ya kno. i was in your class for 3 weeks and watched u waffle away without any reason even though the entire class wanted u to to dun do bheal.Liam is completely right to admonish you and your recheck why cant u be happy???some people put all their effort into studying and come out with all b's maybe and might be feeling happy til they see a certain TWAT demanding a recheck.so to sum up 9 a's is a fairly decent result get over yourself and that b.

people really need to look up sarcasm in a dictionary these days...
    anyway, you were in my class? wow, thats nice, congratulations...
    I'm happy with my results overall, but I know Irish was the subject I did best in. call me a twat all you like, I couldnt care less if you dont think I should get a recheck, I am and thats that. why should it matter to me that everyone else thinks I'm an idiot for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 unagi

Wow I've just read this whole entire thread and many of you seem to be a bit silly to me.

On the whole Wez thing:I hate dance music with a fiery passion from hell but when I got my results (not this year but the year before that) I went out to Wez. I had a really great night, my whole year was there plus some other friends I hadn't seen in ages nad we had lotsa fun cos everyone was all happy and excited. I had had some alcohol and was happy hiwever I was in no way drunk and had no memory loss, and I never saw any crazed violence or any of that **** (except for the fight over the teddybears, which I won)

On the whole alcohol thing: I resent people thinking they are better than people who drink. Its just as bad as people who drink thinking they are better than those who chose to abstain. Abstrain if you wish, but as far as I'm concerned its as bad to make a point of abstaining as it is to make a point of drinking til youre comatose. It just increases the stigma, why does it have to be suh a big deal?

Oh and by the by I'm 16 and am perfectly well able to moderate my own drinking, I've never been in a position where I'm not in control of what I say or do and if you can't drink without you putting yourself in a position where you are, then maybe you're just too immature to deal with alcohol.
    Its not magically going to change when you hit 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

Argh, will you all just stop, please. This is like the 3rd thread which you've reduced to petty bickering, and its the same five or six people everytime.

Now, can we please get back to the topic of...erm...what was it again? Oh yeah, JC discos!

Thats the attitude of most of this country. Unless most of them change it...we're basically fúcked

• Advertisement

emptyspoon wrote:
    Argh, will you all just stop, please. This is like the 3rd thread which you've reduced to petty bickering, and its the same five or six people everytime.

Now, can we please get back to the topic of...erm...what was it again? Oh yeah, JC discos!

good idea.
    well I had a great time at my JC disco, no violence at all. Better music than usual. All in all, it was pretty damn fun...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement