Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone Roleplay anymore??

• 20-04-2001 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Does asyone actually do Roleplaying anymore?

I know the books are in short supply in this country these days and the game is in international decline (or is dead), but to be honest computer RPGs do not (and never can have) the same deapth or feel of real RPGs. Pitty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

No.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Is this the Eyponamous P&P stuff ? , It freaks me out , I oft chat with the folks at Planetvampire on gamespy They cant go a minute without mentioning the blasted thing, Its woeful by the sounds of it ,a bit like the Game , P&P with average graphics

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

What does P&P stand for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Pen and Paper... or Paper and Pencil perhaps?

anyhoo, normal roleplaying is still fairly strong despite the fact that the only place to get roleplaying books in dublin is Sub City, who unfortunately have a pretty dismal collection but will order stuff in for you.

Computer RPG doesn't have the same depth (not even Ultima Online etc.) because the setting is generic and appealing to everyone. (the vampire online game was supposed to be very watered down compared to the more "gritty" paper versions). Also you don't have the same "laugh at the moron when he does moronic things" feel of a round-table game.

NeverWinter Nights (if it lives up to it's promises) will be the closest thing to a "real" RPG played on a computer over the Net. All depends on how easy it is to customise really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i used to do real role playing up until recently, it is hard to find a decent DM these days. one of my mates was good at it, but i havent seen him in a while as i have moved to tipperary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Lolth is a DM (and so am I. Last of the "BIG DICE ROLLERS!"

mmmm d20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's pretty strong in Cork still, with The Guild, and Warps.

Anyone at Warpcon this year?

only ever went to Gaelcon, didnt for the first time last year.

everything is dieing :/

pc's are taking over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nearly got to Gaelcon this year.

God Damn student budget!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Given the topic of conversation I thought you guys might be able to help me

http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum5/HTML/000582.html

get hold of skyclad, he is still into the cards scene big afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

Anyone play FRP anymore is that extinct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

loads of them going on here in UL, but that's just here. and MUD's are pretty big here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

I like RPG's, the only problem is, YOU JUST DON'T TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT THEM. Or else you get branded a social lepper! I've seen it happen. Why is this...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cariarer

Hmm... I never really played any P&P games, but I play since almost a year a MUSH (Multi User Shared Haluzination) based on Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. In difference to MUD's, its objective is role-playing not stat-based fighting (though it has a relativly simple combat system). If interested, simply look at http://www.elendor.net.

Cheers, Cr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Don't get any of this, could someone dumb it down a shade smile.gif

Gideon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yeah we do a fair bit of role playing in college, for what reason i'm not sure, and of course i do like to participate in a bit when i'm drunk too biggrin.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Advertisement